Chapter 9

"What's In your hand?" Tasha asked Aunti Rena, she still held this unreadable look on her face.

Aunti waved it "the hell does it look like!?" We all stood as the room became silent, then it was like something clicked in Aunti's head.

"Awwwww Nah, do not tell me" I looked between Tasha and Aunti.

"Tell me this ain't yours Tasha Renee Jackson" she said with closed eyes.

Tasha sniffed "Ma-"

"DONT YOU FUCKING MAMA ME!!"

I slid passed Tasha and walked out the house. I was walking for about 5mins when the park came in view. As I walked up the hill I could see all the dudes at the court playing ball and the many kids running around. I sat on a swing pulling my phone out and began reading my book. After what felt like forever I looked at the time my phone it 7:12pm. It had only been 30 mins.

I just sat swinging my feet as I looked at the sun slowly setting. Just 2 more months, just 2 months until I'll 18 And could leave that damn house. I don't know how I'd do it but I'm gonna do it. I heard footsteps which made me look up. It was a darkskin dude walking up my way. I thought maybe he was just about to walk pass me and keep going but he stopped right in front of me.

"Damn what's up"

I looked up at his face squinting my eyes, I just smiled. His face was covered with sweat and so was his shirt that was half way pulled up.

He came closer tapping my knee "you can't talk or something?"

That was my que to be on my way back home. I stood up walking but not before he grabbed my arm "Yo ass can't hear either?" He asked mugging me.

"Move" I said trying to yank away.

"I hate stuck up bitches like you"

"Fuck you" I said with so much venom in my voice. Dudes around here were so rude and it annoyed the hell out of me.

He pushed me making my back hit the swing pole. "Wtf" I hissed trying to grab my back. He stretched his hand back but before he could do anything somebody came running towards us.

"Nigga wtf is yo problem?" A familiar vice called out as they got closer.

The dude turned around then looked back at me "ain't nothing going on"

"Jay get the fuck on" That was all Cam had to say for the dude walk away.

Cam looked down at me "that nigga always fucking with somebody, you headed home?"

I was ready to roll my eyes but caught myself "yeah" I nodded. He nodded "bet, I got chu" he began walking in the direction of his car so I followed. Once we got in he put his phone in the cup holder and pulled off.

****
"You can let me out right here, ima just walk the rest of they way"

Cam looked over at me as the car slowed down "you sure?"

I nodded, if my aunti seen me getting out of Cam's car one more time she'd be certain we had something going on. And that was the last thing I needed.

"For what though, it's only down the street" cam stated confused.

"I know ok, I just don't need people making something out of nothing. Thanks though"

Came didn't say anything else as he watched me get out of the truck.

NEXT DAY

Taylor and Nayomi were both standing at the front desk waiting for someone to come up to get there book checked out.

"So you mean to tell me this nigga took you home again and ain't nothing happen?" Taylor drilled Nayomi.

Nayomi looked over at her "Was something supposed to happen?"

Taylor looked over at her friend "that man is fine girl you tripping I would've made something happen believe me"

Nayomi nudged Taylor laughing "oh my God shut up"

Taylor shrugged laughing too "this like what the 6th time?"

Nayomi smacked her lips straight facing her " it's only the 3rd"

"Only?"

Nayomi waved her off as a boy and his grandma walked up with a few books.

"So my mama having a barbecue, a lil get together you should come" Taylor spoke once the boy and his grandma began walking away.

Nayomi looked over at her not saying anything. Taylor put on a sad face "oh come on it'll be fun, my people are cool"

Still Nayomi said nothing.

"It's next Sunday which gives you more than enough time to find a outfit. You can come home with my Saturday then go to work from my house that Monday. I work that Monday anyways and I already asked my parents anways. They don't mind anways."

Nayomi bust out laughing, her friend was such a goofball "I can't stand you"

Taylor smiled "So is that a yes?"

Nayomi rolled her eyes "yes"