Chapter 33

Cam rushed out his car and damn near flew in the hospital. He rung the button to the elevator but it was taking too long so just took the stairs. In all actuality it had only been 4 seconds before he said fuck the elevator, everything seems like it takes longer than it actually is when you're in a rush. He ran up 5 flights of stairs before he made it to the floor Tommy room was on.

Soon as he made it down the hall his dad rose from his seat, he was ready to chew Cam ass out!

"I been blowing yo phone up!"

Cam ignored his dad "He cool?"

"Hell Nah he ain't cool! Yo brot-"

"I WAS SLEEP! Damn!" Cam blurred out lying through his teeth.

His dad mugged him "sleep my ass! While you all layed up with some bitch yo brother damn near dead in there fighting for his damn life"

"I wasn't layed up with no fucking body-" before it could go any further Uncle Mac stood up stepping in between them both "ay cool it" he eyed Cam. Cam waved them off sitting down.

"Somebody gone tell me what the fuck is going on?" You'd think they hated eachother or had some type of animosity towards eachother by they way they talked to one another. But that was just the way they communicated, with harsh words and harsh tones.

His Uncle Greg sternly looked at him "his breathing steady dropping and so is his pulse. They got him hooked up to a lot of shit right now"

"Ain't nobody came and said shit?"

Uncle Greg shook his head looking away "once, somebody should be back out soon"

Cam slouched back in his chair, guess they couldn't do shit but play the waiting game right now.

NEXT MORNING

Fortunately, everything had turned out to be OK. His pulse and breathing had indeed dropped but it was making its way back to normal. Cam stood over his brother's bed as he looked down at him. He thought long and hard before he began doing something he rarely even did. He began to pray.

He answered his ringing phone seeing it was Nayomi. He told her he was staying the night at the hospital so he knew she wasn't calling to trip "hello?"

"Cam!"

"Yea?" He asked sounding as frantic as her.

"I stopped by my house to get my mail and I got a court date!"

He took s seat "when?"

"On the 23rd over this bullshit with my auntie! I don't even have a lawyer, I can not afford no lawyer" she said screeching in her high pitch voice. One thing Cam learned about Nayomi was that when she was nervous she always got to talking in this high pitch voice.

"Calm down, we can get you a lawyer"

"But it's not like I really need one anyway because I'm not the one in the wrong right?" She asked sounding very nervous at this point.

"Right but-" Cam went on to explain to her. Of course she wasn't the one in the wrong but she still would need a lawyer. That was no problem at all, Cam could hook her up with somebody for sure.

"You driving?"

He heard her smack her lips before talking "you know I'm not, I'm sitting in my car about to leave my house"

"Good bring me something to eat, I'm not finna eat this shit they got up here"

Nayomi put her phone on speaker as she went through the rest of her mail "Cam food is food"

"Nayomi"

"What do you want?"

He went on to tell her what he wanted.

Cam POV
30mins later...

I walked back in the room eating on the fruit in the little white styrofoam cup that I held in my hand. I damn near dropped the cup when I seen Candice sitting across from Tommy's bed. The door shutting made her raise her head that was buried in his chest. She had light tears running down her face.

She looked at me then quickly looked away, I shook my head. This whole situation is fucked up. But I could care less about a nasty ass bitch right now, my main focus was my brother.

I pulled my phone from my pocket texting Nayomi

Nayomi 🤤
8:56am- where you at! I'm hungry as da fuck!!!

"I'm sorry" Candice said

I ignored her standing up going into the bathroom. I wasn't avoiding her I really had to piss. Before I could even pull my gym shorts back up I heard the door opening. I turned around to see Candice!

"Yo you-"

"Cam I know I fucked up, I know" she started walking up on me, I took some steps back.

"You bugging, gone man"

She backed me on to the wall "I'm sorry, how many times I got to say it"

I looked at her like she was stupid "I don't give a fuck how many times you say it. I don't want yo ass girl"

She smacked her lips "so you don't miss me, you don't miss it" she seductively said grabbing on my dick.

I quickly smacked her hand away "hell Nah"

She stood back placing her hand on her hip "I know it's not cause of that little ass girl! You still playing with her ass Camron?!"

I looked her dead in her eyes "You pregnant with my brother baby. You was bold enough to get pregnant by him atleast act like you got some sense"  She was definitely showing now. It's wasn't huge though just a little pudge. I walked out the bathroom leaving her standing right there. That bitch really had another thing coming if she thought I was just gone sweep that shit under the rug. These females be straight lost!

I sat down pulling out my phone as she walked out mugging me. I simply looked away. No less than 1 minute later Nayomi walked through the door.

I darted my eyes towards her, I was pissed. For 1 she took all damn day with my shit and that stuff Candice just tried to pull had me bent!

She walked in holding a Wendy's bag and a large soda "why your face always twisted up"

I grabbed the bag from her "yo ass took all day" she looked down at me "no I did not"

I start pulling stuff out the bag "you ain't want nothing" she shook her head.

"Give me a kiss" she leaned down, I grabbed the nape of her neck kissing her long and hard. I ain't give a fuck if Candice was in the room, I missed my baby.