Chapter 23

"So since you wanna pay in full when do you think you'll have the whole 80,000?"

"on the 11th for sure" I told the man closing the deal.

The older white man smiled "ok so next Monday?" We talked a little bit more about my ideas for the building before he left.

Once I walked out the building my dad was calling me, I answered "yeah?"

"Damn nigga you forgot about me?"

"Nah man I'm just now leaving the club" I said climbing inside my truck. It was hot as hell today, I hate the summer time.

"Igh man hurry yo ass up" I hung up not paying his ass no attention.

No later than 20 minutes I was pulling up to my dad's spot. Like always the Butler was outside, he greeted me and I proceeded to go in. My dad was in the kitchen flirting with some older chick. They both stood at the island while he was behind her whispering in her ear. She had on a silk red rob and her hair was curly and short. She was a mocha chocolate color.

"You was rushing me now I'm here" I said making myself noticeable. The lady immediately looked up holding her rob tight even though it was already closed.

"Damn, don't be just walking in here scaring folks and shit" My dad chuckled.

"This is Donna, Donna this my nuckle head ass son"

"Tommy?" She smirked

I unintentionally mugged my face up "Camron" I corrected her, don't be confusing me with that bum ass nigga. I don't care if it was a mistake.

She looked apologetic "oh I'm sorry Camron"

I looked passed her and to my dad "Yo, whats up"

He quickly kissed her cheek "Let me handle this real quick" and with that we both walked out the kitchen into his office. I sat down as he made his way around his desk digging in his drawer. He pulled out 3 wads of money.

"50 for you" He was referring to the 50gs he promised me and Tommy for settling that deal for him.

I picked the money up putting it in my lap. My dad sparked up a blunt "wanna hit?" I shook my head declining, he shrugged.

"You talked to yo brother?"

"Nope"

He blew the smoke out "I need you to check in with him. Teecee got his niggas after him hard. Until we clear this shit up I got him staying here"

I cracked my nuckles laughing "I ain't doing shit fa ya son"

My dad blew his breath "This not the time for y'all bullshit"

I shrugged "I'm always looking out for that nigga. Y'all beta gone" I waved him off.

He sat up straight "that's yo brother, regardless of the fact-"

"And I don't care. That nigga always in some shit, you the nigga daddy not me. I'm not finna keep looking after a grown ass man"

My dad had me fucked up right now. Shit I'm tired of always looking after that nigga. I ain't got no damn kids so why the fuck do it feel like it. I haven't even told my dad about the whole situation with him and Candice and I wasn't. He was just gone try to say that was an excuse for me not to be fucking with my brother. And the way my dad raised us we didn't fall out over no pussy. But that was beside the point this nigga knew what he was doing. He always made a mess for me to clean up and I was done doing that shit. Family or not I'm tired of looking out for mfs.

My dad looked at me confused "what? What's the fucking problem between you two?"

I shook my head licking my lips "man I gotta go" I stood up walking out.