Chapter 24

Nayomi POV
30 minuets until closing time...

I sat at the front desk with my face propped up on my hands. I know I worked at a library but today we were slow as hell. I looked over at Taylor doing the exact same thing. Ever since that shit popped off at the club it's been kind of awkward between us. I don't know why it just has.

"Figure out who's doing what, we close in about 25 minuets" Ms. Lucy spoke poking her head from her office.

"I'll do the books" Taylor said walking off. That only meant 1 thing, I was left with the windows and trash.

I get off in 20 minuets

I sent Cam a quick text. I quickly grabbed the windex and the small bucket of water from the supply closet and got straight to it.

"Nay?"

I turned my head surprised to see the person in front of me. She looked the same from when I last seen her. Only thing that was different was her body, it looked like she'd picked up some weight. She was never skinny to begin with, she's always been thick but I seen that pudge and knew for sure she was pregnant. If a regular person would've seen her they wouldn't have thought anything of it, but I know my little cousin. Her stomach was growing for sure.

"What you doing over here?" I asked dropping the dish towel in the bucket of water.

She pointed to me grinning "no what you doing over here?"

I furrowed my eye brows together "you back at home?"

She shook her head picking at her fingernails, she was scratching the blue paint off "nah" she quickly looked back up at me "Yo haven't been either, I heard about you leaving"

I just nodded my head taking in her appearance. She had on some high waist white shorts with a white plain crop too and some pink flip flops.

She moved her hand to her hip "so where you run off to?" "Or who you run off with?" She asked being nosy.

"I didn't run off with nobody" I simply said. She grinned turning her nose up "mhm"

"Where have you been?"

She smacked her lips waving me off "Aw girl I'm cool. I've been with my friend. I can't go back to that house"

I looked at her very unconvinced. She smiled again "frl, I'm cool Nay"

"I hope you cool, the way you got yo ass beat" my eyes bucked "What you mean" she quickly pulled out her phone "it's all over the place" I wouldn't have no clue, I don't have not one social media account. I walked beside her looking at her phone. She went to some girl's Instagram page and clicked on the video and like she said there I was getting my ass beat.

"You done out here?" Taylor came outside.

Tasha looked up laughing "Nay is that the girl that let you get yo ass beat like that"

Taylor looked at her scrunching up her face, Tasha just shook her head "couldn't be me and my bitches" Tasha start going through the comments, there Taylor was arguing with a bunch of nobodies trynna prove her point.

A horn blew and we all looked up to see a black Mustang parked across the street. The same black mustang that was outside of Aunti's house that night Tasha came home all late.

"I gotta go ima catch up whitcha when eva I can" Tasha began to walk off.

"You got my number, use it Tasha" I yelled before she got in the car.

Taylor scoffed "who was that"

 "my cousin"

She smacked her lips "Nay you know I was fucked up that night. I would never purposely let you get jumped on like that" I just nodded.