💭 🎵 🎸 Fighting (and another story idea, send help!) [late 10 April 2018]

This post to actually address two things. First, I'll start with the story idea.

Yknow if I was any good at art (I'm not), I would provide visual reference (I can't) for you all like all the fantastic cover artists can (I won't).

But I'm not any good at art. So if any of you feel inspired at this idea, feel free to submit a cover and I'll toss it here. Maybe I might use it in the end.

Anyway to the story.

If anyone knows me, I like infusing my stories with some psychological and/or philosophical theme. Something straightforward like "love" or "time" just doesn't suit my desire as a theme.

This time, I've come with an odd psychological twist. It questions what's right, what's wrong, and the gray area in-between (which is the most interesting part).

Two words for you all: Stockholm Syndrome.

If you don't know what Stockholm Syndrome is, I highly suggest you search it up and research it a bit. It's something I can't just explain in a paragraph or two of a random book-especially since I'm not very knowledgeable anyway.

Premise: we have a kidnapper who kidnaps a girl. We'll make her middle school or so age. Something that still has that innocence I need to keep the story flowing.

Now, this girl, she's got it rough. She is abused by her parents (of course) and is bullied at school (to add fuel to the fire). Because why not, right?

So when she's kidnapped...she figures the easiest way to discard that previous life...is to stay with our kidnapper.

Here's a scene I have in my head now. The names are temporary and most likely will be changed:

"Steven, Steven! Let's take a picture!" May exclaims happily. She dashes towards the bookcase where the black digital camera watches the scene through the focal lens. Steven raises a curious eyebrow. Why would May want a picture?

"Please?" she pouts. Her emerald eyes glitter as Steven can't resist the...temptation...to snap a photo with May. With a simple nod, he ushers her to him. He waves his right hand as he points to the camera. His slender index finger is all he needs to get May to obey.