📢🔮 Easy Way to Get Votes on Your Story [04 June 2018]

If you were expecting some sort of cliché advice that's already been vomited at you in thousand ways in a thousand books, you're incorrect!

See, this is not just advice, but it's advertising.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm the cofounder/CEO/head honcho/pun master of the Pokémon Fandom Wattpad Group GenerationsDebut, which focuses on promoting unbeknownst books and their authors. One of our contests is open right now, we're working on Promotion requests as I speak, and we are generally receiving positive reception from others in our efforts.

How does this equal you getting more votes? That's the best part. There's actually two ways you could get more votes.

One of them is via our promotion. Whether you're scouted by a Looker (the equivalent of a fanfic recommender) or you request it yourself (working up the courage to do so and follow the basic rules & guidelines), being out there increases your chance of being seen by however many people read the Promotions Book.

But that's not my main focus here.

The actual thing that will get you a vote or two and perhaps be added to a reading list...

Is when we read it aloud.

Aloud? What do you mean GT? is probably what you're wondering.

Well, for those who still don't know, I created a Discord server for the account. Because Wattpad's PM system isn't the greatest, Discord was the next in line at my convenience. And so, November 2017, the server was created. Now, it's evolved into a larger, more fun-filled activity center. And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm the omnipotent leader and own the place.

People are having fun there. I heard Dictator-Chan laugh at one point. I must be doing something right.

Anyway, we actually have an activity held in the late (late) evenings (Eastern Standard Time) called Shauntal. Who's Shauntal? Elite Four Member in Unova, for all those who haven't memorized every NPC in existence.

What do we do exactly? We read fanfics. Aloud. For fun. To have a good time. For jokes or for admiration or as a way to finally chip away at our to-read list.

But I can tell you now, if we're reading your story (and we enjoy it), expect a vote or three. And some inside jokes to be established (we already have some).

Just to name a few: supreme white girl, fake German accent, Istanbul, and low-key your dad is hot.

Taken out of context, it makes no sense. But if you were to participate...

In any case, for all those who live in this community and have a Discord account, hop on over and join us! It's fun! A fantastic place!

(We also do Trivia sessions!)

What? The invite link? Oh we'll it's in my bio (the link at the bottom), it's in GenerationDebut and its bio, and you can always Direct Message me since my tag in in my bio as well.

But for those who want the convenience, here we go:

https://discord.gg/DZxMjkZ

Guess I gotta comment it too. Well that's no big deal.

So, that's all for now. Self-promotion, I know. But in all reality, it's fun. And I rarely keep fun all to myself. So for the handful of readers out there, I've got another request.

Know anyone who applies to all the credential listed above? Just tag them in a comment here. Cause why not? It's fun. Trust me.

I wish I had proof, but I never did record a session. Oops 😂

-GT