Awakening - Ch.4

≪ °❈° ≫

-"I can't take this anymore" - Jin thought, as the tears that he thought were dried out, kept streaming down his face after V explained vaguely what happened prior to the tub accident.

It's been three years, apparently, since he asked V to introduce him to adult life. Or at least, it looks that way. Jin couldn't remember. He was eighteen on the rooftop and now he is twenty-one, but he has no idea where the three years went. It's like he skipped the beginning of the journey and went straight to the plot in a story. He had no friends, so there was no one to stay in touch with. He had no idea where are his parents, nor why do they refuse to see him, to speak with him. He asked V what happened, but he only looked at him with those cold blue eyes and a slight smirk on his face, saying nothing.

 He asked V what happened, but he only looked at him with those cold blue eyes and a slight smirk on his face, saying nothing

It was eerie...creepy... unnatural look, Jin thought. V knew what happened, he knew and yet he didn't want Jin to know. Jin often wondered why. He also wondered, later on, what he did to his parents to hate him so much. He cried often, missing them a lot. Their mobile phones were changed and the unknown person he reached when he called home told him that the previous tenants moved away three years ago. They didn't leave a contact number.

What could I possibly have done for them to erase me from their memories? No matter how hard he tried, his mind was blank. Completely, utterly, blank.

The only thing he could rely on was the present. Jin knew things he had no idea how and when he had learned them. His body was stronger. His already wide shoulders seemed so masculine, surrounded by tight muscles. No, he wasn't bulky, he was tall and lean, with muscles in the right places. His face lost some baby fat and got more defined, more adult, but still very beautiful. Overall, he was a very handsome man.

The only problem was the "hole" in his memory. He knew and did things so naturally sometimes like he had done them before, countless times. For example, he had no idea when he learned how to cook, or when he learned Japanese, how to drive a car, how to guess designer clothes from sight, or how to mix very complicated drinks perfectly. It was natural to him. Muscles and brain memory allowed him that, even though his conscious mind didn't. But mostly he was confused and scared. His mind was so in contrast with his appearance.

V wasn't helping at all. It seems like he wanted to keep him in the dark. All he had told him was that a lot of things have happened in the past three years, some that are best to be hidden - forever.

-'' Now it's your chance to truly start over. Don't mess with it and take it slow.'' - V advised as he patted his shoulder before he left to dress up. 

Jin had no idea, what he meant by that, but he was too confused and careful to rush things anyway. He remembered how he felt the first time V took him out of that hotel room. All he knew was that he woke up in the bathtub and that he had no idea where he was. V told him they'd just moved in from another country. He even brought a new expensive apartment in a rich neighbourhood in Jin's name, for them to live in. Jin had no idea where did they get the money, but V did, so he didn't pay much attention, he had a lot to process already. His mind was so thirsty for knowledge, for adventures, and he was so eager to learn.