Butterfly - Ch.19

≪ °❈° ≫

-'' V you fool! Why did you jump?! Why V, why!?'' - Jin asked in angry helplessness.

V laughed weakly. -'' Y-you sound like me, Jinnie...when you do something stupid.''

Jin leans down next to the blond man. -'' Are you hurt V? Can you stand? Can you walk?''

-'' N-no...'' - V said with a grimace. He whined quietly.

Jin groans and runs his hands through his hair. -'' Why did you jump?''

-'' I wanted to fly. To be free.''

-'' Dammit, V, you cannot fly!'' – Jin said brusquely.

-'' Why? '' - V asks with a chuckle. -'' Because it's a fantastic dream?''

-'' Because you don't have wings or fairy's magic dust to fly, that's why!''

V's shoulders shook slightly in a silent laugh.

-'' Oh, but I should have wings, Jin.'' – V said, raising his eyes to look at his other half. – '' It's you that keeping me from having ones.''

-'' Me?'' - Jin was taken aback, blinking in confusion. -'' How can I stop you?''

-'' You refuse me, you run from me...'' - V's chin wobbles and he is near to tears. Jin never saw that before, it was so strange. V's voice was still strong though. -'' You refuse yourself, you run from your path and you make both of us suffer.''

-'' I...I don't...I don't run...'' – Jin stutter defensively.

-'' Yes, you do!'' - V spoke with passion, even though the pain was coursing through his body, he was hunching forward, holding his chest. His silken stripped robe slipped a bit, so Jin saw V's back. His eyes widened.

-'' V...'' - He reached and yanked V's robe, exposing his back. – '' What is this?''

Jin was watching V's scars on his shoulder blades. There were two, on the place where wings usually would be. -'' Y-your...scars...are they...are they wings?''

V snorts sadly. -'' Obviously, they are not, you darling idiot. You refuse to give me mine, remember?''

All of this was too much for Jin who just shook his head, not understanding. -'' How can I give you wings?''

That annoyed V. -'' For fuck sake, Jin! Use your head a little... all those sighs along the way...'' - He points weakly around him. -'' What did the Butterfly man tell you? You have to stop running from yourself, Jin!'' - He grips Jin's shirt and leans in. -'' You have to stop being afraid and jump!''

Jin growled, yanking back, almost pulling V forward. -'' I did jump and it led me here!'' – He shouted.

V was leaning on the ground now, eyes blazing hotly with fury. -'' No you weren't! You jumped but you cling to everything on your path to stop the fall!'' 

-'' Well of course I don't want to fall and kill myself!''

V began to laugh, clutching his stomach and hissing in pain at the same time. -'' That's funny coming from you, Jin.''

Jin shot him a glare. -'' Shut up, V! You know what I meant!''

-'' Acceptance, Jin... you have to accept who you are...all of you, isn't that what a Butterfly man said?'' – V looked at him tiredly. – '' The only way for you to move on...for us to move on is...if... '' - V's voice wavered and he sighed. – '' You have to accept me...'' - V said and then huffed and smiled sarcastically, changing his tone from gentle to mocking in a second. -'' Who are we kidding, Jin!? You keep running away from me for years, calling me and then shoving me away when things get slightly better. For years I've been trying to get close to you, to stand by you, to help you, but the only thing you did was to run and fell from one shit into another.''