Part 3: Butterfly - Ch.1

≪ °❈° ≫

It was one of those sad periods in Jin's life... again. He had terrible periods, awful periods, but the ones he disliked the most were sad ones. He kept wondering how so happy and interesting moments could turn into bitter and sad ones so quickly. Having two of his best friends fight so terribly and suffer, each on his own was too much for Jin. He missed them...he missed their laughs and talks...he missed the affection they shared together. Jin felt like he let them down somehow and he hated that feeling.

He spends most of his time with Yoongi nowadays, making sure he eats properly since Yoongi didn't do anything really. He lost his job, his love and his will to live. He mostly sat or lay on his bed, not saying a word. His bright mint hair was washed up and looked colourless...so Jin tried to add some colour to it, but it simply turned out washed up red. Yoongi didn't care. His gaze seemed lost, staring. 

He always reminded Jin of a young oak tree, still not thick with age, but strong, with roots deep into the ground. Yoongi possessed the inner strength that made people around him feel safe and protected. He tosses the huge shade all around him, protecting the people under his branches from the scorching Sun and pouring rains, yet allowing a few sunrays and drops of water to breach through the leaves and give light and life. He was magnificent.

Now, however, he was dying. The leaves almost fell completely off, the branches were dry and fragile and his roots gave more depth to the ground than life once was. His childhood and life itself weren't easy on him, but he still managed to stay strong, even though he always needed someone to help him stay above the darkness, on the light. First, it was Mingyu, who helped him and gave him shelter and support every time his stepfather came home drunk and started beating the shit out of him, calling him names, the same Mingyu who ended up hurting him when he chose the women he warned him about over their friendship. Then he had Jiminie...his Jiminie...the love of his life, but...hell... it didn't turn out so well either. Each time Yoongi fell more and more above the line and Jin did his out most to keep him in the light. 

Jin was so worried about him. He loved Yoongi, but the man he knew simply vanished. Yoongi's eyes scared Jin the most...they were unresponsive, too calm and too emotionless. Jin remembered the eyes like that. He saw them in his own reflection before, but he couldn't remember when. He only knew that it terrified him.

Jin went to see Jimin, to try to talk to him, but the young man shut him out completely. He told Jin he does not want to talk about Yoongi, or what happened and if Jin was here because of that, he apologized, but he think it was best for him to leave.

-'' Yah! Jiminah!'' – Jin shouted at him. – '' I don't expect you to accept his love, but to ignore him completely because he was gay...HIM... your best friend, Jimin... It's unacceptable!''