Butterfly - Ch.6

≪ °❈° ≫

Jimin sat in the bathtub. The water was almost cold, but he didn't care. He was crying, severely only twenty minutes ago. Now he felt numb and weak to get up. The echo of Yoongi's song replayed in his head over and over again. It was beautiful and painful. It shook Jimin to his very core. The piano played the song of Yoongi's heart and Jimin fell more and more into the pool of his emotions. The news was the first trigger, the letter was a shot in the heart, but the song... the song was everything...

The news about Yoongi was devastating, he couldn't believe them. He couldn't believe that his Hyungs didn't tell him anything about it for two weeks. For two weeks he lived and worked comfortably, not knowing that his best friend, his love, is in the hospital, in a coma, after he tried to kill himself. All because of him. Because he left. It was the last nail in the coffin.

One of his acquaintances called him to ask about Yoongi. It was like someone cut him in half. Jimin just fell on his knees, clutching his heart. He called Hoseok, screaming into his phone. It was so terrible, so painful, Jimin lost his control. He broke down, crying hysterically. It took Hoseok half an hour to calm him down through the phone and convince him not to return home just yet. It was a mess.

How could Yoongi do this thing?? How could he give up his life so easily? How dare he leave me like that? Jimin stopped at this though. What a hypocrite he is. Leaving was exactly what he did to Yoongi...but he never meant to stay so long away from him. Jimin just needed the time to think, to clear some things with himself, but Yoongi couldn't wait and how could he...he didn't know what Jimin planned. He thought that Jimin left him for good. Jimin never answered his calls...he never told him anything. It caused him to fall back into his darkness. Jimin wasn't there to pull him out of it again...what's worse, he was the trigger. Yes, Jimin left so he could return, but Yoongi... Yoongi tried to leave for good. Death is so certain, so...terminal.

Imagining how Yoongi must have felt, lost and abandoned. Heartbroken...betrayed...only because he loved him truly and deeply...oh...Jimin felt like a real piece of crap now. He allowed his fear to grip him so strongly that he missed the truth. He never considered life without Yoongi in it. Fuck...

Earlier that evening, while he prepared himself for a bath, he remembered Yoongi's package that Jin gave him at the airport. He put it in his bag, thinking of opening it later on, but he forgot about it. Remembering suddenly he ran to his bags and started digging through them until he found it. He carefully unwrap the improvised newspaper wrapper and discovered one CD and a letter.

He sat on the floor, crisscrossing his legs. He placed CD next to him, deciding to read the letter first. He opened the note with shaky hands and took a few large breaths before he started reading. He knew that whatever was in it, it would be hard to take in. His heart skipped when his eyes fell on Yoongi's thin and neat handwriting.