7. Be Safe

Almost a week has passed since the break-in the incident and I have made absolutely no progress with my mission. I've been to the Gray household almost every day but neither Christopher nor Hailey let me out of their sight.

Hailey has become a good friend of mine which is why she doesn't really let me go anywhere but I can bet 50 bucks she is oblivious to the mafia. Christopher is mysterious. After the car incident, he has flirted a couple of times but he hasn't tried anything and that I greatly appreciate.

I have almost given up hope, I have never seen Damien Gray in the house. Whenever I questioned if anybody else was home the siblings just told me their dad is almost all the time on business trips.

I am planning to break in, in this house of mysteries. It's not even about the mission anymore, it's something about Christopher that intrigues me. It's really weird if you ask me.

It's Sunday today and we're meeting up for movie night at Christopher's place as apparently, that place has a movie room too. They are ridiculously rich. I quickly put on blue skinny jeans with a back top and a black jacket with my hair in a ponytail.

-----------

After a boring ride to the Gray household and no heart for paying the cab driver, I am standing outside the giant door waiting for someone to answer it.

A smiley and excited Hailey opens the oak doors and pulls me in a giant hug. Yeah, she is a hugger.

After a brief 'hello', Hailey leads me to the movie room

After a brief 'hello', Hailey leads me to the movie room. I am so lucky I am good with directions otherwise I would've died of confusions. Alex and Christopher were lounging on the couch and as soon as we entered they stopped talking. The last words I heard before they shut their mouths were "-keep her safe."

I strongly feel I am not overthinking the situation cause it's not every day you talk about keeping someone 'safe'.

All of us settled on the couch and decided to watch The Avengers: Age of Ultron. I noticed Hailey sitting on my right with Alex next to her and Christopher on my left.

I picked a can of Pepsi and all of us shared the popcorn while watching superheroes fighting. I am a strong feminist which actually explains why I love the character of Natasha Romanoff, that woman is goals.

--------------

Somewhere in the middle of the movie, I noticed Alex and Hailey were asleep and only I and Christopher were watching the movie. I was daydreaming when a sudden crash caught my attention, I looked at Christopher and he had furrowed eyebrows indicating he wasn't aware of anyone supposedly being here.

I tried to forget the sound, thinking their housekeeper might have dropped something but I couldn't ignore it when I heard it again and much louder. I looked at Alex and Hailey and sure enough, both of them were wide awake and confused as to what was going on.