16. Hit Me

As we were in front of the big mansion where the ball was taking place, I took a long breath to calm myself and had a quick revision of everything. I wasn't used to doing a mission without any information of the location or people, this time I was going in blind and I didn't know what to expect.

Alex noticed my nervousness and draped an arm over my shoulder, "You'll be fine. Chris and I won't let anything near you and you can kick butt so, it'll be okay."

I smiled at him and then subtly tried to warn him of Christopher's not-so-pleased gaze fixed on his arm around my shoulder. Alex caught on and instead of removing his arm as I expected him to, he pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and repeatedly kissed my cheek.

Jealousy took over Christopher's features and he was trying not to yell at his best friend because he knew it was just a joke.

Christopher cleared his throat and gritted out, "Let her go, Alex."

To this Alex just smirked and tightened his hold on me, "Nope, she's my date. Stay away."

This definitely affected Christopher and his nose flared in anger as his jaw tightened and fists clenched. Alex was barely affected and chuckled, "Chill, dude. She is all yours. Wouldn't want to break a perfect couple, would we?"

I was blushing furiously as I timidly stood beside Alex while looking down so nobody notices my flushed complexion. Christopher grabbed my hand and pulled me to his side and playfully glared at Alex,"Not funny, Alex."

He looked down at me and thanks to my body betraying me, my cheeks were still crimson which led to him smile at me and tuck my hair behind my ear.

He offered me his arm, I hooked mine with his and we started to enter the mahogany double doors. There were two bluff men standing at the entrance with a list on a clipboard. They recognised Alex and Christopher, stepped aside and opened the doors for us.

I entered and was starstruck with the beauty of the massive hall. It had a vintage look to it with all the window frames, oak doors and other furniture. Huge chandeliers hung from the ceiling which was a beige colour. The floor was carpeted with a dark brown and creme colour.

Most of the people turned around towards us and stared in admiration. Females were giving me jealous looks and males were giving the one of desire. Christopher confidently walked unaffected by their gazes with me beside him.

We passed all the, I am guessing, not so important people and made our way to an empty table not so far away from the dance floor where couples were dancing on slow songs.

Christopher pulled out a chair for me, I thanked him and sat down. As Christopher took his place beside me and that was when I noticed Alex missing. Sensing my confusion Christopher replied, "He is with his girlfriend, don't worry."

My mouth hung open, "Girlfriend? He never told me that."

"Technically, they aren't in an official relationship but they are something," he chuckled. I smiled and looked into the crowd for a certain hyperactive spaz.

I saw Alex standing with a beautiful brunette in a black dress.