11. Stay With Me

...It turns out to be Christopher.

"Can you stop following me?" I angrily muttered.

"Nope-" he replied popping the 'p'.
"-What are you doing here anyway, Ashley?"

"Once again, that is none of your business. Leave me alone," I warned him.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can do that," he smirked 

I raised the dagger in my right and hand and got into a fighting stance.

"Leave.Me.Alone," I seethed out and he just chuckled. What does he find so freaking funny?

"Oh, I am so scared," he mocked while retrieving a gun from the waistband of his pants.

"Let's have it your way then."

He took a step forward and so did I. Soon we were just a foot away. I jumped at him and pushed him against the wall, with my left arm holding him there and the dagger placed in front of his neck by my right hand. He wrapped his left arm around my waist and his right hand pressed the barrel of the gun on the side of my lower abdomen. It may seem like an intimate position from a few feet away but when paid close attention, you could see the deadly weapons in our hands.

"Stay out of my business, Christopher."

"Sorry to disappoint but I won't be doing that for a long period of time," he smirked. I want to wipe that stupid smirk off his face. Idiot.

"You do know that even if you shoot me there I won't die, right? I could slice your neck and you won't survive that." Now it was my turn to smirk. What he said next made my insides flutter.

"I have pointed my gun there because I don't wanna hurt you, baby girl," he breathed out.

"Then why are you doing this?" I exasperatedly asked him. "Let me guess, for my own good, right?" I sarcastically answered the questioned I asked.

"If you want to be a part of this then you have to tell me everything about yourself but if you don't want to disclose anything then, please leave. Do as your agency told you and go back home."

"How do you know about the mission being discarded?" I asked him.

"My sources told me that all agencies that were after my dad have dropped all charges and discarded all missions against him. He is no longer 'wanted'. I don't know who you work for but I know it applies to you too. There's word that something big is gonna happen and its gonna end in a bloodbath but no one knows what it is. Stay out of it and if you really wanna be part of it, tell me everything."

I closed my eyes, sighed and hung my head low in stress and shame. I really don't know what to do, should I just tell him? Should I leave? 

"I really think you should go back to where you came from," he sighed.

"What if I don't want to?" I whispered.

"Then be honest with me, please. Everything here is more dangerous than you think."

In the corner of my eye, I saw a man pointing a gun at us, a second away from shooting us. I removed the dagger from Christopher's neck and threw it at the attacker aiming for his shoulder.

The attacker fell down and that is when I heard numerous guns being loaded so I retrieved my gun from my side. A bullet rain broke out and I tried to dodge as many as possible. Christopher and I were fighting off all these attackers side by side. That is when I actually felt we're on the same side.

"Who are they?" I yelled over the noise of bullet shots and fighting.

"Bad guys," Alex shouted over to me. Hearing his voice I was quite confused as to when he reached here. I glanced in his direction and sure enough, there stood Alex, shooting off all enemies with five more people to help us.

"How do we know who are the bad guys?" one of the fighters on our side shouted.

To this Christopher replied, "If they are shooting at you, they are bad."

I just chuckled and shot all others coming my way. When I realised all my bullets were about to get over, I took out another dagger and smirked.

I kicked one of them at the side of his stomach and stabbed him in his shoulder blade. A kick was delivered towards my face and I caught it, plunged my dagger into the attacker's leg and flipped him so that he fell to the ground.

A person on my right caught my left hand and so I did a 360 turn such that my back was to his chest and stabbed his shoulder. Another one advanced towards me so I delivered a solid kick at his crotch and as he bent over in pain I smashed his face into my knee and knocked him out.

Another guy was running towards me so I threw my dagger aiming for his stomach and successfully got him down. I craned my neck to look behind me and there was another guy preparing to attack me, so I just elbowed him in the face and delivered an uppercut to his face to knock him out. There were two other guys running my way and so I detached my pencil heels and threw it towards them aiming for their chest. My aim certainly did not disappoint me.

I heard multiple yells of my name and turned around but I was too late, a bullet soared through the hallway and shot me. I felt excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. I cupped my injury with my hands and felt liquid on my hand. I bought my hand up and saw it covered in blood. I refused to be weak and stop fighting so I clutched my wound with one hand and retrieved another gun from my pocket.

I then carried on by shooting all the attackers while slowly advancing towards the rest of the team. I was very well aware of the excess amount of blood gushing out of my bullet wound and the worried glances I received from all those on my side.

As I reached the fighting forms of Christopher and Alex. They both efficiently put down the guys they were fighting and came to my side.

"Oh my god," Alex muttered. Seeing both the guys' attention was diverted one of the attackers jumped at us and I shot him in his knee.

"Alex, give us cover and I'll get her out of here," Christopher commanded while tying a cloth around my injury to apply pressure and prevent excess bleeding.

"We'll meet you at the hideout," Alex nodded and turned away from us.

Christopher must have realised that I will slow us down so he picked me up bridal style.

"I can walk, you know," I tried to look tough but immediate movement caused stinging. My face contoured into one that expressed pain.

Looking at my pained expression, Christopher said, "I won't be so sure about that."

I groaned in both pain and annoyance. Christopher halted his steps as he saw two men with guns block our way.

"Get.Out.Of.My.Way," he spits out.

"Make us," one of them evilly smirked.
Uh oh, big mistake.

Christopher looked at me and I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, once he made sure I had clutched him tight enough, he removed his right hand from my back. He retrieved a gun and shot both of them in the middle of their chest. We made our way through the less crowded parts and out of the club to his sleek black range rover. He opened the door and sat me inside and buckled me up while making sure the seat belt isn't anywhere near my wound.

He got into the driver's seat, bought the car to life and sped down the road towards the path which I assume leads to the warehouse they were talking about. I could feel the blood loss taking a toll on me and my eyes started drooping. Christopher looked over at me and saw how difficult it was for me to stay awake. He grabbed my right hand and squeezed it tight in hopes to get me to keep my eyes open. I had no control over my body anymore, I could feel myself slip in and out of consciousness.

Christopher kept muttering things like 'stay awake', 'don't close your eyes' and 'we're almost there', while I felt extremely tired to even open my eyes. Even after all my attempts to prevent my body from shutting down, I couldn't stay conscious anymore. The last thing I remember before slipping into darkness was Christopher worriedly glancing at me and softly saying, "Stay with me, baby girl".