8. For My Mom

I entered through the backdoor which connects the backyard to the kitchen.
I was on high alert for any signs of the attack. I could hear fights going on and bullets being shot, and I was desperately hoping that neither of those bullets shot Alex or Christopher.

I entered the dining room and caught the attention of two buff guys who weren't very happy to see me.

"Guess you don't enjoy my company?" I sarcastically question. They just growled in anger and attacked me.

One of them tried to punch the right side of my face but I caught his fist twisted it behind his back and dislocated his shoulder. The second guy came at me and every time he took a blow at me I moved away. He got annoyed and I found it extremely funny. I first caught his left wrist then the right one and twisted him around to have his back facing my front and then kicked him hard in the middle of his back. That will surely damage and hurt his spine, a lot.

I entered the living room and sure enough, there was an ugly fight taking place. Alex was behind the couch on the right side and Christopher flipped a coffee table and took cover there. John, the driver and Asher, the butler also had guns in their hands and were trying not to get shot.

Apparently, I feel like an idiot cause everyone's taking cover and fighting and I'm just standing in the middle of the room, unarmed and being an open shot. I quickly move behind the T.V. cabinet and crouch down to retrieve my guns and daggers from my boots and adjusting them to the waistband of my jeans.

The living room in this house is like the main area in the house. It's in the heart of the mansion. There are stairs to go upstairs but the ceiling of the living room is the roof. There are floors as concentric circles just one's higher than the one below it.

From what I've noticed, no intruders are there on our level. All of them are on the higher floors which gives them the advantage to shoot us.

I study all the positions from where shots are being fired and the shooters don't seem to be moving. I am clear with all of their positions, so I decided to eliminate these losers.

I got out from behind the cabinet and retrieved my guns and started shooting all of my enemies. As I reached the centre of the room I raised both my hands on each side and shot all of the rivals. There were even quite a few in the front and behind me so I simultaneously moved and circled to succeed in the stupid activity I indulged myself into. I could literally feel the shock radiating off everyone present there especially Alex. Christopher did not really look surprised and even if he was, he was good at masking his emotions.

Seeing me shooting the bad guys, all of them joined me and we kinda made a circle so the entire area was covered.

After successfully shooting all of them, someone came out from the shadows. He had a really big scar starting from under his eye to his chin. He looked at me and smiled maniacally. Why was he looking at me? There were five of us, still, his eyes were trained on me. He smugly chuckled and said, "Laura's daughter is just like her. Feisty, always the best quality in a female. Too bad I had to kill her."

I froze, I could feel a burning in my eyes. No, I won't cry. I stopped crying about my problems a long time ago. "Who are you?" Christopher growled at the maniac.

"I am Ruth, your biggest nightmare. Damien Gray will never rise, he will never be more successful than I am," he then turned towards me "The Jones, oh how much I hate these creatures. Henry and Laura were a pain. I can't say I didn't feel satisfied when I heard your mom scream in agony, when I heard her cry for help and when I saw her bleed to her death. Those were the best moments of my life. Your dad was broken, but I must say he did a good job at hiding the leftovers of Laura Jones, a woman who is better off dead. Yes, Ashley, you feel angry, you feel the rage that's nothing compared to how much I hate you. I don't even hate Cody or Henry as much as I hate you. You wanna know why? It's because you are what's going to end me in the future, I just know it. You are too much like Laura and you deserve to die as well," he wickedly grinned.

I have never felt any emotions stronger than what I feel right now. I am devasted. Dad told me mom passed in an accident? Everything I've been told was a lie? This nut job killed my mom? I can't even think about what mom went through.

I was raging, I haven't had this much hate for anybody. I could feel the tears streaming down my face endlessly. I don't even remotely care if everyone in this room thinks I'm weak, I may be a spy but that doesn't mean I can't cry over the cruelty my mother went through.

"Shut up, you piece of crap. You need psychiatric help, you are a sadist. You're crazy," Alex yelled at him. I could feel anger and sympathy from both the boys.

I wiped my cheeks with the back of my hand, sniffled and then spoke slowly, "I know why you did it, I get it. You think and show you're strong but in reality, You are weak so you decided to inflict pain on my mother, you felt insecure so you decided to attack this place so that you can eliminate your future competition, the heir to the Gray empire. You know I am capable of burning your world down to ashes and so you even want to finish me off. But know this, men like you never win."

"There are no men like me," he chuckled.

"There are always men like you."

And with that, a fight broke out between him and I. He had a dagger in his hand and using that he tried to slash me. I successfully dodged his blow and delivered a solid punch in his face. I heard a cracking and felt satisfaction when I saw his nose bleed, I broke his nose. I kicked him in the private part really hard and when he doubled over in pain, I took a fistful of his hair and smashed my knee in his face. As he stood up again, I broke his left arm and dislocated his right shoulder and continued kicking and punching him while he tried to defend himself and failed miserably.

I finally punched him hard enough for him to lose his balance. I positioned myself on him and repeatedly punched him and ruined his disgusting face. He finally went unconscious of bleeding and getting beat up so much, but before I delivered my last punch I whispered: "This is for my mom." I was pulled off him and security came and dragged his form away from us.

As soon as Alex's hands left my shoulders I fell down on my knees and sobbed. I felt someone wrapping their arms around me and picking me. I wrapped my arms tightly around Christopher's neck and sobbed in the crook of his neck while he rubbed my back and whispered words of comfort in my ear.

He carried me to his car, sat me in the passenger side of the car and buckled me up. He jogged to the other side, got in and started driving. Seeing as though I had rested my head on the window and had tears streaming down my face, Christopher took one of my hands in his own and intervened our fingers. I didn't ask where he was taking me or why was he trusting me now. I was just too numb to do anything. I just wanted it to be a bad dream.

We reached my apartment building and Christopher once again carried me to my apartment. Even though I was half asleep in his arms I could hear the conversation between the two siblings. I could hear the worry and desperation in Hailey's voice as she questioned her brother about my condition. I even hear the sadness and helplessness in Christopher's voice.

I just want this to be a terrible dream, I don't want what I heard today to be true. I don't want to know my dad lied to me. I don't want to know how mom suffered in her last moments. I don't want to know how she bled to her death. I don't want to know any of this. I just want to be happy.

Hey there,
I hope everyone's having a great week. So, thank you for the 60 reads, please do comment and let me know what you think of the book or what improvements can I make in my writing. I'd love to know what you guys think of the book.
Thank you

-Vedika