24. Nevermind

"So you're telling me Ashley doesn't exist and you've always secretly been Kiara?" Alex reconfirmed for the fifth time.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes at his behaviour. Currently, we were all in the conference room, I had told my teammates what I found out and they were having a discussion over it. Dad looked at everyone with amused and humoured eyes.

"You're richer than us and Valentina," Lucas seemed to be deep in thought and Anna rolled her eyes at her brother.

"You're even richer than Christopher's family," Alex murmured.

"Probably even richer than you, McQueen," Lucas smirked.

Valentina just rolled her eyes at the wealth discussion taking place.

"Can we stop discussing money matters now? That wealth isn't even mine," I scoffed and a few chuckles were heard around the room.

Valentina piped up, "Technically, it is bu-," I shot her a glare and she muttered a "Nevermind" and shut up.

"What do we do now?" Lucas sighed.

"Study what we retrieved by risking our lives for it," I announced.

I got my laptop from my room and decrypted the data files for us to make use of. After a while of having made sure that there were no tracking programs attached to the file, I finally opened the document.

What I saw caused my eyes to bulge out from their sockets. I was sure everyone had a similar reaction because they were all surrounding me as I sat in front of my laptop.

There on the screen, all of our family names except Christopher's were displayed with large amounts of money in front of them.

McQueen - 8 million dollars
Jackson - 8 million dollars
Reed - 9 million dollars
Burns - 10 million dollars
Robertson - 15 million dollars

"He wasn't going to take those 50 million dollars from one person," I murmured.

"He was going to take it from all of our families," Valentina continued.

"Who are the Burns?" I mumbled.

"Burns Consolidated," I read off my Google search.

"Aiden Burns and Xavier Burns, directors of Burns Consolidated. Two years apart, sons of Daniel and Aliya Burns," I continued. This information wasn't something very interesting.

I opened an application on my laptop created by yours truly to receive all government records and even personal information on the Burns family.

I skim through documents and one particularly catches my eye.

MISSING REPORT
Youngest son of the Burns family named Ethan Burns was born on 24th December 1999. He was supposedly alleged missing in 2003 as per a report filed by Mrs & Mr Burns.

"Guys!" I call out to them and once again all of them circle around me.

"Missing?" Lucas frowned.

"Was he ever found?" Valentina mumbled. I just furrowed my brows in concentration and typed some more, the noise of clicking of computer keys filling the room. Another document showed up.

NOT FOUND
Ethan Burns, the youngest heir to the Burns family was deemed missing 4 years ago. Ever since then, the police has been looking for him. Unfortunately, he was never found. Due to slim to no chances of discovering the young boy, he has officially been declared deceased. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and we are immensely saddened due to their loss.

"Nope," I clicked my tongue. After a few more clicks to related reports, I found out that people say he may have been kidnapped and then sold off somewhere in the business of human trafficking. Some other opposed to that idea. But there was no proof for any of the theories.