Chapter 11

(For everyone that hasn't read my old status, the reason I've been absent was school, but now that I'm on summer break I'm backkkk. x)

*******

I stare up at the sky, partly out of pure boredom, and partly because I'm trying to ignore the security guy's eyes on me. I can't blame him though; after all, it is past midnight, and I'm leaned against a building of a not-so-ordinary club. Of course he'd look at me suspiciously.

I try to find anything interesting to look at, although the small street isn't giving me much options. I'm sure I won't have to do it for much longer – her shift is supposed to be over by now – but just standing here and doing nothing still feels awkward. And cold. The only thing that could make it worse is if it started snowing right about now.

As I shove my cold hands in my pockets, I hear the nearby door open and can just hope it's her. I've already heard the door open and seen strangers walk out enough times to become completely hopeless.

However, I can barely fight the urge to pump my fist in the air when I spot painfully high heels, a leather jacket, and skinny jeans worn by an even skinnier pair of legs. The long, curly and definitely untamed hair is just another reason why I should be sure it's whom I've been waiting for.

The body guard is still looking at me as I make my way toward her, while she's just standing with her hands in her pockets as well, and looking up at the sky. "Worried about the weather?" I speak up, the fact that I've been quiet for nearly half an hour making my voice croaky.

Angel immediately turns her head to her left, a smile on her face – and I'm sure it wasn't there just seconds ago; she lightly shakes her head, now looking at the ground and starts walking away from me. She leans against the wall and raises her leg so her foot is against it too. "What are you doing here this time?" She asks, looking down at her jacket as she pulls out a lighter and what only looks like a cigarette.

"Hello to you too," I mumble when I'm standing right in front of her. "Came here to ask if you would go to prom with me."

She breathes out a laugh, removing the thin object from her lips to properly look at me. "Aren't you like a year late?"

I shrug, "More like half a year, but you were close."

Angel nods, and watches her hand as she flicks the ash off her joint. "That would've been nice, actually. I didn't go to my prom."

"You didn't?" I move around so I'm leaning against the wall next to her, my body toward hers, and she shakes her head in confirmation. "Well, if it means anything," I continue, glancing at my sneakers. "I would have totally taken you to my prom if I knew you back then."

She begins chuckling before I've even finished my sentence, and I instantly know I'd said the right thing. Maybe dumb, but right. "That's sweet," She says, and blows out the smoke. "Now I'm sure you were as annoying six months ago as you are now."

"How is me taking you to prom annoying?" I narrow my eyes at her, and I'm sure she would find it amusing if she just looked at me. Instead she just shrugs again, and keeps looking at her joint.

"You would be trying to do what you're trying to do now," She starts, "Get me to be with you. You do know we can't be together, right? As in... together-together."

For a few moments I just stare at her with my lips parted, not even blinking. Too much information, I guess. "Okay," I say slowly. I decide against asking why – the tension has increased enough without me asking obvious questions. "Is it because I'm younger than you?" Still, I can't help but guess.

Angel purses her lips as if thinking about the answer, "No. Not really, anyway. I just want someone who's stable, you know?"

"I'm stable."