Chapter 29

"Wow." A wide grin spreads across my face as we reach the end of the staircase, and I lean onto the handrail to watch her slender body as she makes her way to a door. "You actually locked it."

Freya looks over her shoulder at me, her frizzy hair bouncing from one side to the other as it always does. "Of course I did," She responds, turning around to look at what she's doing. "I know the guys are your frat brothers but I don't trust any of them."

"Not even Seth?" I raise my brows, pushing myself away from the rail as she pushes the door of my room open. At my question, she only breathes out a laugh – and here I thought she liked Seth.

"He's okay, but he's a guy," Is her only explanation. And it's actually a good one. "Uh, well I'll get my backpack and then we can go-"

"I haven't been in this room in a while," I mumble to myself, but I guess she heard me because she'd stopped talking. I glance at Freya, to find that she's already looking at me, and walk further into the room. "I think I missed it."

As I walk to my bed, I hear her sigh on the other side of the room, and initially drop the couple of shirts we originally came to the house for. The plan was to get the clothes she left from when she stayed here and leave to my apartment, but now I kinda think I want to stay. I haven't had this feeling basically since I came here for the first time.

"What are you doing?" She questions, fake annoyance in her voice as I lie onto the mattress, and place my hands behind my head. "Come on, the party is obviously starting and I don't-"

"Freya," I whine, and she purses her lips, giving me a skeptical look. "Chill. Come here."

The lamppost just outside my room makes it easy for me to see her rolling her eyes, but still making her way around the bed until she's at the right side of it. "We're wasting time."

"You got anything to do tonight?"

"...No."

"Then shut up," I mutter and take her hand, to pull her on the bed with me, but her actions surprise me a little; as soon as she sees what I'm trying to do, she places her left knee right next to me, and throws her right leg over my stomach, straddling me. I'm not sure if that was a good or bad idea.

"Is this what you wanted?" She asks, but I guess my euphoric-looking smile is enough of an answer for her. I sit up slightly, accidentally pulling her with me and making her sit flat on top of me, instead of supporting herself on her knees. Okay, that wasn't a good idea for sure.

"Jesus Christ, I swear you don't look as heavy as you feel," I breathe out, through a small laugh; maybe if I'd expected her to put all of her weight on me I wouldn't have been this surprised. Now I'm surprised and slightly out of breath. "How much do you even weigh?"

Freya purses her lips, looking around the room for a few seconds. I can only hope that she didn't take my question to offense. "I was a hundred and forty pounds last week."

A hundred and forty? Where does all of that weight go? Certainly not in her legs, her legs are as skinny as my arms. "I'm a hundred and forty-five, but it's all fat."

She chuckles at my words, her eyes crinkling. "You barely have any fat, Niall," She points out, and grips the headboard behind my head to reposition herself, so that she's on her knees again. Her position is making it easy for my eyes to wander - I'm starting to like this. "I'm quite light, so I can't be that muscly. But I'm still all muscles, even with my weight. Blame my trainer."

I raise my brows, starting to smile again, "Are you still boxing? Kickboxing?"

"Yeah," She tells me, her voice soft and quiet. It goes well with the darkness of the room and the dim light coming from the street light outside. "I have trainings from nine to eleven at morning, and then I go to work. That's why I never work in first shift. I hate missing trainings."