Chapter 22

The door slams against the wall on its left, being opened with such force that I'm surprised it stays on its hinges. I remove my arms from around her waist, gripping her hips and turning us around to press her against the door, closing it in the process. My actions come to a halt when her ice cold hands reach beneath all three layers of clothing on my upper body, flattening her palms against my chest. I detach our lips and let out a sharp, shaky breath, looking down at the bump her hands are forming; I blink twice, snapping out of my trance, and finally latch my lips to her neck, sucking on the skin, determined to leave a mark.

"Freya," I breathe against her neck a minute later, kissing the newly broken skin several times. "Freya, Freya, Freya..."

"I take it you like my name?" She breathes too, smiling as she pulls her hands out of my shirt, now pulling at the collars of my unzipped jacket to bring me closer to her.

"I'm just getting myself used to it," I smile too, connecting our lips as I pull her away from the door. I feel like being sure of her name is going to be useful in a few minutes.

She starts leading us somewhere, pushing me backwards as we walk to our destination – which I know isn't the bedroom, since it's right across the front door and we'd already be there. She'd already be half naked as far as I'm concerned, dammit, Freya, where are you taking me?

"Where are we-" I start mumbling against her lips, but I'm cut off when she pulls away just a few inches, so she could spin us around so that she's the one walking backwards now. I take a few steps toward her, and she waits until our bodies have collided to start walking again.

I lower my head down to hers again, giving her a three second kiss before I feel her body jolt backwards; I'm quick to wrap my arm around her waist and pull her against me, looking down to see what had almost caused her to fall.

"To hell with your fucking doorsills," I mutter, a little annoyed as I look up at her laughing face, the sight making me smile a little. She'd lost her pom beanie somewhere on our way here, but I don't think I even care about it. It just means one less piece of clothing on her-

"Oh my God," I yelp, seizing the end of her leather jacket so that I wouldn't fall, like she nearly did half a minute ago. While she laughs, I look down at my feet; the beanie. I slipped on her fucking beanie, how is that even possible?

I let out an exasperated sigh as I look up at the ceiling, stretching my arms out and making her laugh even harder. "May I be given a break?" I say jokingly in a weak tone, having Freya throw her head back in laughter. That's one good thing in embarrassing myself in front of her; it'll make her laugh.

Her hands are on the collars of my jacket again, pulling me somewhere while I continue looking at the ceiling. Though I abruptly look down as she pushes me away from her, and my heart quite literally skips a beat when I fall down – fall down on her couch. Well, this is relieving. Nothing can go wrong now.

As she straddles me and sits on my thighs, I'm almost positive that my heart had skipped another beat. I place my hands on her hips, sitting up to reconnect our lips while taking her jacket off. Yeah, nothing can go wrong now.

"Ow!" Or maybe I spoke too soon. "My hair got- my hair got stuck in the... fucking zipper." Freya almost whispers the last two words as I start laughing again and fall on my back, reluctantly accepting the fact that I'm really not going to be given a break tonight.

"That was..." She starts, still sitting on top of me, as I place my hands over my eyes. "Nice and then embarrassing."

I laugh again at her choice of words, and look up, noticing that her voice is far quieter than usual; she's looking down at her hands, smiling, but still looking genuinely embarrassed on some level. I sit up with a grin, strangely happy that I got to see her somewhat flustered, and take her hands in mine while waiting for her to look me in the eyes.