Chapter 1

You’re 16 years old, and certainly no stranger to performing. Born and bred in South-London with a entrepreneurial mother and a business man of a father, you knew your way around the streets and towns of London despite growing up in North Greenwich. It’s always been your home and you rep it all the way.

An international superstar, as well-known as Rihanna with the stage presence of Beyoncé and a voice like Mariah (without the whistle-register), you had been performing for almost 3 years and you’d come into your own doing it all since being discovered from your YouTube singing uploads you had done since you were nine years old.

You had been signed to Columbia Records and released 2 No.1 albums that spawned 7 No.1 singles. You were signed since you were 13 and had performed and even befriended some of your favourite artists such as Chris Brown, Drake, Trey Songz, Alexis Jordan and J. Cole. What’s better, you had even met Beyoncé and she was good friends with your family, especially your mum, from all the good things she’d heard about you and since you were on the same label, she’d given you really good advice over the years about singing and this industry.

You were psyched about completing the rest of your Summer Tour entitled The Strobe Lights Tour, you had a month and a half to go until it finished in the beginning of September

YOUR P.O.V.

YN- *thinking* I really just want my birthday to come already! All my friends have turned 17, and I’m the youngest of all my friends, not that 17 is the greatest age or that I want to grow up quickly or anything but it feels like I’ve been 16 forever…

It was a month and 2 days until your 17th Birthday and you couldn’t wait to celebrate it. You’d already been throught the preparations- in your head of course- but at the moment, you had other things to worry about: you were in the middle of your Summer USA tour and being from London, you were excited to go home and visit your friends and family and spend time with them for half of your birthday celebrations.

Right now, you were in a meeting in New York with your manager Nori, who you’d known for several years, she was like another one of your bestfriends, your tour manager Farrah and publicist Christopher, they were discussing the plans for your upcoming shows.

Nori- Y/N? Y/N are you listening??

Y/N- huh? Sorry I was daydreaming

Nori- You can’t be daydreaming at times like this! I know it’s Monday, your tour is almost over, and I know you’re almost exhausted…

Y/N- I’m not! I’m so excited to do it, it’s been a breeze, really. I mean it. Part of me doesn’t want it to end. 

Farrah- Well, we have to focus. You can’t wear the same outfit to every tour, that’ll disappoint your fans. The setlist for each show should be switched up and go in intervals. So every three shows, the setlist changes.

Christopher- And seeing as the tour has almost sold out on all dates and you’re doing upto 4 shows a week, you should promote it and yourself more on your social networking sites.

Y/N- I am doing all that *crosses your legs* I’ve been on twitter everyday tweeting my fans and about the concerts. I don’t let anyone update my facebook page except me because it should be personal and I let my fans into my social life on instagram…I’m ticking all the boxes here! 

Christopher- Well don’t stop now! You’re doing a great job, and there isn’t one bad word the media has to say about you! 

You beamed at the praise you were getting from Christopher, it boosted your ego and your confidence.

Christopher- You have 2 photoshoots for Louis V and Sherri Hill tomorrow and Wednesday afternoon, interviews with Hot 97 on Wednesday morning and 105.1 FM on Thursday morning and an appearance on 106 & Park on Friday afternoon. You also have an appearance at Barney’s in New York to promote Louis V right after 106.