Chapter 21

YOUR P.O.V.

I’d spent around two or three more hours just sitting in the lounge thinking, trying to get over anything and everything.

I’d never had fans or anyone hate me so much to want to vandalise or even threaten to kill me. And I’d never been in a relationship to have an argument with a boyfriend. I was overwhelmed by the vandalism in my other hotel and in the dressing room by Jessica. And I was frustrated and overemotional from my argument with Dan. I needed to be stronger than this. But how?

I went upstairs at around 2am cause I was more than tired. I got to my hotel room and the door was left open. I walked in and Diggy wasn’t in there. Instead there was a handwritten note left by my pillow. 

Y/N- *picks up note and reads it aloud* “Dear Y/N, I didn’t want to argue with you. I never intended to and I never would. But didn’t want it to get this far that we’d have to be apart for a while. If that’s what’s best, if space is what you need…then tell me when you’ve had enough. I’ll give it to you, I’ll give you anything in the world if you want it. I’ll give my life if it makes you happy. But I guess this is what you wanted. If space and separation is what you want then you’ve got it. Love Dan xxx”

Y/N- What..? *starts crying* No…no, this isn’t what I wanted…I don’t want this….*cried aloud* Dan…Oh, I’ve lost him…*crying and sniffling on the note*…Dammit, I’m so stupid…I should’ve just stayed…*continues crying*…

I cried so much as soon as I finished reading, I don’t think I’ve ever cried so much in my life. I laid on my bed crying tears all over my pillow. The note was stained in tears, I couldn’t believe it, he really left me, he thought I needed space.

I was so annoyed with myself, why did I have to be so selfish? I had the greatest guy, someone who loved me so much. I never lived with regrets, but this was my first one. I regretted walking through that door, I regretted bringing up his ex, I regretted not going back to the room sooner to try and fix things, I could’ve stopped him from going…

I must have been laying on my bed crying for 20 minutes, I don’t know I lost track of time, I was so upset. I picked up my phone and scrolled through the pictures that me and Diggy took together. The silly ones, the cute ones and the ones with my friends. I laughed and cried at them.

But the one that made me cry even more was the picture of us and he was kissing my forehead while I was leaning on his chest. It warmed my heart, I started crying some more just looking at it.

Diggy- *walks from the bathroom* That must be my favourite photo of us

Y/N- *turns around shocked* *sniffle and wipes tears* OH MY GOD, DANIEL!

Y/N- *jumps up from bed and hugs him tightly* I thought you’d left me! I thought I lost you! *cries into his shirt*

Diggy- I’d never leave you, you know that *hugs you tighter*

We stood there hugging for ages, I was so happy he was with me. I had to pinch my wrists while hugging him to check that I wasn’t dreaming and thankfully I wasn’t. I was nothing more than happy. All those tears….wait..

Y/N- Wait..*looks up at him* why did you write me that note?

Diggy- *shrugs* I wanted to see how you’d react if I really left.

Y/N- So you were hiding in the bathroom while I was went, came back, read the note and cried and cried…?

Diggy- Well…yeah…*shrugs*

Y/N- *small laugh* You’re crazy for doing that! I cried so much over that, I seriously thought you left

Diggy- While you were crying I was almost crying too, I was trying to hold it all in, I couldn’t stand hearing you cry. I almost broke down too. I was just seeing if you’d really miss me if I took a break from us. 

Y/N- And I would. Only you would do something like this. Boy, you’re crazy..*smiles a little*

DIGGY’S P.O.V.

I pulled her in for another hug, her loose and curly hair was messy and smelt like vanilla. I kissed her head full of hair, I loved her so much. Part of me was happy that I had her back in my arms, the other was happy that I made her cry that much, it really proved that she loved me so much and I was so happy in that moment. Just us two hugging, being close together.

We sat down on the bed and watched tv all the way into the night, just the two of us spending an evening together in each other’s arms. We sat up watching tv and she fell asleep before me.

I didn’t even want to move her off my chest, she was so beautiful while she slept and I enjoyed the feeling of her lying on my chest, honestly I was comfortable, so I didn’t move. I just fell asleep next to her.