Chapter 14

YOUR P.O.V.

Melanie- and 5, 6, 7, 8…!

I came to rehearsals with Nori, Christopher, Kasia, Nastasia, Adrianna and Monica and the camera crew filming for the concert dvd. I was practicing with my dance instructor Melanie Barwood going over the moves with my back up dancers for my concerts this weekend. It was 7 in the morning, and usually I’d be so tired already but I’ve been to earlier rehearsals so I’m kinda used to it.

I went over to my bag to answer my phone as I heard it buzzing with notifications I was followed by two cameras catching my movements. I got a text from Bey, she’s gonna be meeting me here for dance and later with Drake and J. Cole in the music rehearsals with the live band and DJ.

Bey- I should be there in 5 minutes, NY traffic is so much!

Me- Okay, I’ll see you here, hurry cause Melanie is getting impatient.

Thank God I singing and have three years of dance experience or I’d have no idea what I’m doing on stage tomorrow and Sunday…

Kasia- Who you texting? *looking up from her phone*

Y/N- Bey, she’ll be here soon..

Natasia- *pulls you over and says quietly* Oh My God, Beyoncé will be here??

Monica- Yeah, she’s on tour with her innit!!

Adrianna- I wanna meet her so bad!

Y/N- Awh, look at you guys fangirling *laughs* I’ll introduce you guys when she gets here…

Mel- Y/N! Get away from your bag girl! Come over here, you just need this last move to be perfected….Now, pretend you’re holding your microphone with your left hand, now bed your knees, back straight and swerve your left hand towards and stop in between your knees, like you’re airing the floor, now pull your left shoulder back like you’re popping and locking. *looks at you* Yeahhhh that’s it!

Y/N- Wooo, okayyy…  

I followed Mel’s instructions and copied her in the mirror as she showed me the moves along with the backing dancers. Cameras were filming in full swing at my every move.

Mel- now turn and rotate your shoulders, like you’re a train or somethin! Move them up and down, like you’re shimmying and move your legs back and fourth as you go.

I traced her moves in the mirror and I was actually alright at doing it.

Mel- Yeahhh you’re doing it! Aight, Do the whole routine again!

I did the whole routine, from start to finish, it was great! I was so excited to show MSG my dancing as I’d been doing for years

At that moment, Bey came in wearing her small round sunglasses looking like she meant business. She put her gym bag by the mirror and tied up her hair. It was perfect timing as I’d just finished my routine.

The cameras turned to her and were fixated on her, me and my friends as we watched her practice.

Mel- Bey, what time do you call this?!

Kasia- *to Monica* Oh my God it’s Beyoncé

Bey- I’ve been in traffic for half an hour, I shoulda just ran here *laughs* You know I ain’t never late to rehearsals.

I loved her voice, you could really tell she was from Houston. I sat down as I watched Beyoncé and her back up dancers go through their moves for their songs they’d do. The amount of time it took for them to rehearse moves for three songs was the amount of time it’s take me to rehearse one!