chapter ten

Nina's pov

I roll my sleeves down as fast as I can. The man in the doorway smiles at me, not judging the cuts on my arms.

 So this has to be the Wilmer Valderamma. Demi's boyfriend, the devils boyfriend, poor him.

"You must be Nina." He walks towards me. "They told me to get you and tell you to come downstairs. They want you to meet everyone so there is a family dinner."

My eyes grow big and I bit myself on the inside of my cheek. Oh well, family dinner. Family & dinner. The two words I hate the most, both are really awkward.

I roll down my sleeves and get up but Wilmer shakes his head.

I frown "What?"

He takes my hand without saying a word and he leads me to the bathroom. I get a feeling in my stomach that something awkward is going to happen if he rolls my sleeves up again.

"It's important to clean your cuts and it's my job to do it since you haven't had any time for it because I came in you felt awkward."

He opens the taps and hold my wrists under the water. He picks up a towel and press the tap off. He wraps the towel around my wrists and dry them carefully.

I send him a smile full of different emotions, not knowing what to say and Wilmer? He just hugs me without saying anything. He rolls down my sleeves again and pick up my hand.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do it but it was really sweet of you."

"It is what you deserve, sweetheart."

"Your so amazing, why are you even dating the devil? You don't deserve that." I say without even feeling ashamed.

"I'm dating an angel and you're right I don't deserve that." He answers without even judging me or being mad at what I just said.

But what I said was the truth right? She is the devil and everyone thinks she's an angel but not for long anymore because I will show them who the real Demi Lovato is. Horns will replace her wings if they found out who she really is.

Demi's pov

I feel a pang from jealousy in my heart as I see Wilmer and Nina walking into the kitchen, where we're al sitting for the family dinner. I know I have no right to be jealous but it looks like Nina can get along with everyone except for me. Oh well everyone, she only met Wilmer and my mom yet but still, I'm her mother.

 oh but Demetria you gave her away like some garbage. You are the fault in her scars, remember?

I feel tears welling up in my eyes but suddenly I feel a hand wrapping around my hand and a voice wishpering in my ear how much he loves me and that I'm his angel.

I look next to me and see that it was Wilmer who said it. Yeah I might be his angel but I want to be Nina's angel too. I want to be my own daughters life saver, not the fault behind her scars. I may heal millions of scars from teenagers but I'm the fault behind the scars, which I want to heal the most. 

I open my eyes after Eddie said grace and I look right into Nina's eyes, who's sitting across me next to my mother and Dallas. Rob and Eddie are both sitting on an other end of the table while Wilmer and Maddie are sitting next to me.

Mom put the food on our plates and everyone starts eating except for one person. Nina.

oh please dear Lord don't tell me she has an eating disorder as well.

I look at her body. She is very small and fragile. You can see her bones. I know how you loo when you have an eating disorder and I can tell you, Nina is looking like the perfect example from someone with an eating disorder. oh well fuck.

I try to make her look at me so I can help her through this meal and she notice it but she just looks away. Oh I really fucked it up. How am I supposed to help her when she doesn't want my help?

Nina's pov

I see Demi trying to catch my look because she want me to eat but that's not gonna happen dude. I'm not gonna eat, not with Demi's help.

Suddenly I feel someone squeezing my hand. I look up and see that it's grandma who's doing this. I sent her a hopeless look and she just smiles back. She leans over to me and whispers things in my ear. By every spoon that I fill she whispers something so I will swallow the bite.

"You're beautiful."

"I love you."

"You're a warrior."

"You can get through this, you just have to swallow the bite."

"I love you little fighter."

She keeps whispering things like this in my ear till my plate is empty. For the first time in like a year I eat my whole plate.

"I'm so proud of you." Dianna whispers while sqeeuzing my hand one more time.

I feel tears welling up in my eyes and know they are not because I'm sad or dissapointed or whatever. It is because I feel loved and accepted. I feel love and acceptedby the Dianna, my grandmother. I already love her and I know that she loves me back, she loves me as a grand daughter. I feel loved and I can tell you that is the most amazing feeling you can have in your life, it's indescribable.

But the feeling of love and acceptance doesn't take long. In a short moment of time my heart breaks in a million pieces and I feel alone again and I can tell you that is te worst feeling you can have in your life, it's indescribable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so what do you think what happened so Nina's hearts break into a million pieces?

I deleted this chapter and write it again and few times but this is what I came up with, I'm not really happy with it tbh but yeah... sorry guys

THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE READS/VOTES/COMMENTS. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO MEEE :)