chapter twenty-one

Dianna's pov

My daughter is in shock. I'm pretty sure of this. She isn't moving, barely breathing,just staring at the computer monitor. The computer monitor where we see on the security camera that her daughter ,who may or may not even be alive, was taking away by a stranger into a black SUV. The blinded windows of the SUV black the sight for us to see if they were gentle with her. 

"Who would even take her, why?" She asks in the most pathetic voice I have ever heard. 

"Money." We hear police officer Anderson saying as he comes walking in with a with envelope. "They left this in your mail box." He says as he hands it to Demi. 

Demi's hands are shaking to much and she can't even open it so she hands the envelope to me.

Miss Lovato,

We took your daughter Nina, in case you didn't notice yet. We will be gentle to her if give us $500000 cash in exactly 4 days from now, on Saturday. If you want her back you must give us another $8000000 in exactly one week from now. More information will follow.

I read out loud as shock is overwhelming me. My granddaughter, they took her. For what? Only money? an innocent 14 year old?

"What are we gonna do now?" Demi's voice is barely a whisper as she looks questioning at the officers. 

Both officers look at each other. "Well first we're gonna get some team of other cops. After that we will ask you some questions about Nina. We are going to find her Demi, I promise." Officer Walker answers.

I swallow hard to keep away the ache that's in my heart. I feel Eddie wrapping his arm around me as he kiss my temple. "It will be okay, she will come back. I will personally take care of it."

And I really want to believe that. but right now that's really hard.

Next to me I hear someone sobbing really hard, which gets me out of my trance. I look up to see Demi standing there with her hands for her face. She sounded as if she was struggling to breathe. I led her to a chair and put her on my lap. "shh ,baby, shh" I whisper in her ear.

"But Nina" She says "And wilmer... Oh mom"

I rub her back gently "I will call Wilmer for you baby." 

I get my phone and dial Wilmer's number ,carufully because Demi's still on my lap.

___

There was light coming to through the curtains of the windows when Wilmer arrived and took Demi from my lap. The night was becoming a brand new day and soon Dallas, Rob and Maddie would wake and we have to tell them the sad news.

I massage my fore-head as I get my attention back on Demi. She would go from sobbing, to staring into some place. I was really starting to worry about her, I never saw her like this in her entire life and believe me as I say that I have seen a lot of different emotions by Demi through the years. I couldn't blame her at all. Her daughter was gone, taken. Only because some asshole wants money.

I started feeling that I am hungry and I knew none of us had eaten in hours so I went to the kitchen and grabbed some food to put on the coffee table in front of Demi. "Eat some, honey."

Demi's mood was at the point of staring in some random place now.

It was around 8 am and Nina had been missing for more then 12 hours now and the police still don't had any leads.

___

Footsteps on the stairs told me that Maddie was coming down. Immediately when she walked in I saw the confusion on her face. "Mom what's going on? Why is there police in the house?" He voice sounded high, like she had when she was upset about something.

"Sit down, sweetheart." I say as pointed at a spot on the couch next to Wilmer, who has Demi on his lap.

"Nina's kidnapped." I say, not finding any right words to fit this situation.

The shock on Maddie's face is big, she gets pale and her chin starts trembling. It's only a few minutes later when I have to tell Dallas & Rob the exact same news.

I stare at Dallas little baby bomb when I tell them, not able to look them right in the eyes, afraid to see the shock and sadness that will be in it.

"I..." I hear Dallas stutter "Oohh Demi" She says as she wraps her arms around her sister, both of them sobbing.

I swallow hard and walk away to make all of us some food. It's a few minutes later when I come back whit sandwiches for all of us. When I hand Demi one, her sobbing gets louder. "Do you think they will feed her?"

My chin starts trembling as I swallow to answer honest. "I don't know ,honey, I honestly don't know."

Demi nodded and pushed the sandwich away. "I'm not hungry anyway."

I shook my head and walked away from Eddie and my children as I heard Wilmer managing Demi to eat something.

I walk to the toilet and put my head against a wall. Why would someone even to this to a family? Why would you kidnap an innocenct child ,who already had enough struggles in her young life, only for money? Why my granddaughter? Why?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah well... they are not getting Nina back that easy. idk guys. I do have some things plans on what's going to happen but I dont know if what I do now is okay with you guys? So please give me some feedback, I REALLY need it!!! 

Thanks for everything guys.

Maritha :)