Chapter twenty-two

Dianna's pov

I decided to sleep in Demi's room last night since I wouldn't let her alone at this point. It's around 9am when I wake up and immediately look next to me to see Demi ,luckily, fast asleep. She really need her rest to keep up her strength. Who knows how long it will take till Nina is found, if she will be found. I smacked myself in the face. I shouldn't say if. She will be found. I will personally take care of that.

Quietly ,to not wake Demi, I got out of bed to shower. After that I walked down stairs to pour myself some tea and grab a sand which. I laugh to myself that the cops made themselves at home already and made sure they made coffee for their self.

"Any leads yet?" I hopefully ask officer Walker.

He sighs and shakes his head. "So far we only have the letter in the mailbox and we're try to get some DNA prints from it. I'm sorry but that's all."

Behind me I hear someone sigh disappointed. I turn around to see Dallas there. "It feels like they don't even do their best. We need to do something our self. I just got my little niece back, I don't wanna lose her again." She says thoughtful while she strokes her baby bump.

I swallow hard, knowing exactly what she means. I just go my granddaughter back, I don't wanna lose her again. I'm scared that when they ,we, don't find Nina back soon, Demi will blame herself and eventually go back to her old habbits.

I headed back upstairs ,to the bedroom, to see Demi there awake. She has her arms curled under her head. "You know when I woke up I thought that maybe it was all some bad dream. it was right? Please ,mom, tell me it was a nightmare." She says with a voice full of tears.

I shake my head. "I'm sorry baby."

Demi let out a sigh. "Are there any leads yet?"

And ,again, I shake my head. "Come on, go take a shower and I will get you a breakfast."

"I don't want breakfast I want Nina." She sounded like a rebellious adolescent.

"I know ,sweetheart, I want that too but we're not gonna reach that by just staying in bed and not eating. You ,we, Need all of our powers to find Nina."

This helped. Demi immediately sprang out of bed, her whole body shaking as she walked into the bathroom.

I suddenly feel angry coming over me. My granddaught had been missed for 36 hours now and there still aren't any leads yet. Why wasn't this all over the news? She's a daughter of a celeberity. Why aren't there search parties all over Los Angeles ,or California? Why Isn't anyone doing something usefull to find my granddaughter? Why isn't she back here yet? Why am I just staying here doing nothing ,myself, to find her?

I went back downstairs to see the whole family ,except Demi, seeing there while cops and FBI where everywhere. So many people, so less information.

I walked to one of the officers ,I thought his name was Wilson. "When are we going public with this all?" I asked him.

"Somewhere today."

"I had an idea that maybe Demi or one of the family members could do a press conference to make a statement. I'm sure that if Demi fans see this, they would to their best to help. They do everything for their idol." I tell him thinking that their might be even lovatics from Europe coming to Los Angeles to help us, that's how dedicated lovatics are.