Epilogue

Demi's pov

"Are you ready, baby?" I ask Nina and I pick up my guitarcase as she nods. 

"Mhm lets go, mom."

I grab her hand and we walk to the studio together. It has been exactly a year since Nina found out I was her mother. It has been a rough road but after Nina being kidnapped our bond grew so much stronger. She talked to me a lot about she was struggling with all her life. I eventually took her to see my own therapist for a few session. She sometimes had nightmare about being kidnappes, she would always come to my bed then I would rock her back which is something I wanted to do since forever.

"Mom,we're here" Nina interrupts and a smile appears on my face as I enter the studio.

Nina and I say our hello's to my team before sitting ourselves down.

"Ready?" Lisa, the studio manager asks and the band starts playing after Nina and I both nod.

I wink at her ,to show my support, before we start singing.

Nina, Demi, together (the song is based on alain clark's song: father&friend, changed the lyrics a bit)

oh ,momma, sit down and hear my song. O and if you feel like it, then please sing along. This is something I never said before but to use words, you can never be sure.

see even though, I don't always show... I'm glad that you're around. I said I'm glad you're around, momma.

oh daughter, it's so strange, to hear and see that a someone so different is, a soul like me.  You may have gone right, when I would've gone left. But ,girl, that's alright. I will always have your back. See I don't always show but I'm proud to have a daughter like you.

Old days, and all of the new. Wanted a bit like you. Everytime I look at you, I am so proud of you. For you've made what I am, a better person. I'm so proud of you.

oh mom, if using life. Tell me how they came it be.

Girl, life's just to short for us to never be in touch. So that's why I wanna tell you that I love you very much. 

Everytime I look at you. I see myself. I am so proud of you. You've made what I am a better person, I'm just so proud of you.

I'm here. And I'll be if I can. A mother and a friend. Everytime I look at you, I see myself and I'm so proud of you. 

You have made me what I am, a daughter and friend. I'm just so proud of you. You know that one day too, I'll be walking in your shoes.

And I know that you'll be fine 'cause you're a daughter of mine.

Everytime I look at you. I see myself. I am so proud of you. You've made what I am a better person, I'm just so proud of you.

I pick op my bottle and swallow that water after Nina and I finished the song. I walk towards her and hug her. "Good job, girl"

"You too, mom and you know what? I love you and you might have been the fault in my scars, you fixed them too. thank you"

I softly kissed my daughter cheek. Oh how I love this girl.