chapter fifteen

Nina's pov

"Do I really have to go with her? Why can't I just stay with you?" I whisper while hugging grandma one last time before heading off to Los Angeles.

"I'm sorry, baby. But she's your mom and it will a good chance for the both of you to get closer and hea I will make sure Demi and you come here several times and don't forget that you will be here when Demi is touring or has a show."

"I love you grandma." I softly kiss her cheek and wave one last time before going walking to the security together with Demi.

"Demi?" I ask as soon as we take our seat in plane.

"Yeah?"

"What will you tell the press and your lovatics? I mean now that I'm going with you to Los Angeles they will notice me."

"The truth, I will tell them the truth." She says while looking right into my eyes.

I nod. 

"Nina?" This time it's Demi who asks. Yes Demi, not devil.

"Yeah?" 

She let out a little giggle, noticing I answer exactly the same as she did before.

"Tell me something about your lovatic time."

"Oh yes Demi, of course I will tell you something about my lovatic time, only because you ask so nice." I reply with sarcasm, irritated because she orders me to do something instead of asking.

"I didn't ask it."

"Glad you noticed."

I put my ear phones on. Done talking to Demi.

I glance at her and see the hurt expression on her face and at this point I really don't care. I know I should feel guilty for being irritated because of nothing but I'm not. The only emeotion I feel right now is scared. I don't want a conversation with Demi, I don't want to grow closer with her. I'm scared I will love her and if there's one thing in this entire world I don't want is loving her. Maybe I'm just scared I will get dissapointed by her. 

Anytime soon I will found out how right I was about the last part. 

Demi's pov

"Demi, how was your break?"

"Demi who's the girl?"

"Who's the girl?"

"Any new music coming soon?"

"Who's that girl walking with you?"

"Demi, who's the girl?"

With this and all the flashes I can tell you that the paparazzi is here as Nina and I walk out of the airport

I try to protect Nina and put my arms around her, It feels so good. 

"Fuck off you all, I need some space. She is having a panic attack." I yell at the paparazzi as I feel Nina shaking and breathing heavy.

Nina collapse on the ground and I lay myself beside her, not caring what the paparazzi will publice about it.

"Copy my breathing." I tell Nina.

I calmly breathe in and out while Nina copies my breathing. She slowly calms down. I rub her back. "Hey, it's okay? Did you had panic attacks before?"

She nods.

Oh well my poor baby girl, she looks way too much like me. 

"Come let's go home." I say but I got interrupted by some girl.

"Err Demi... I err woah... I never expected to see you ever in my life. You saved me err.. you fixed my scars." The girl says.

I give her a smile but at the same time I feel some pain in my chest. Pain of knowing I was avle to fixed the scars of that girl while I was the fault in my own daughters scars.

"Can I take a picture?" She asks shyly.

I get on front of her phone to take a selfie as I notice she's filming instead of taking a picture.

"Oh no, films are awkward." I say and grab Nina's hand and walk out of the airport where Max ,my bodyguard, is already waiting in a car to take us home.

"Hey" I say while getting into the car.

Max turns around and looks at Nina. "So that must be your bautiful daughter. Normally I only get text messages from you when you are at starbucks while lovatics are stalking you but the past few weeks you couldn't stop talking about your daughter." He says.

I look at Nina, feeling embarrassed but she just laughs.

"Is Wilmer living with you?" Nina suddenly asks and I shake my head.

"Nah, I guess he will be there today just today say 'hi' but we don't live together."

Nina nods.

"We're here." Max announces.

"Thank you for bringing us." I say while Nina and I get out of the car.

Nina's eyes grow big and her jaw drops. "I-it's so b-big." She stutters.

"Yeah, I guess you have to deal with it the next few  years." I say as the front door opens.

"Wilmer." I say while running towards him.

"Mi hermosa." He hugs me and kiss my cheek "I missed you."

"Missed you too."

He unwraps from my hug and get his attention on Nina. "hea beautiful, How are you doing?"

"Great." She mumbles sarcastically.

Wilmer raises an eyebrow and looks questioning at me. But I shake my head and send him a look which is saying that I don't know what's going on.

"Well let's go inside." Wilmer says and grab my hand but Nina shakes her head.

"Mind if I go take a look around? So I can scout the neighbourhood and you two have some time together."

"Is that not dangerous letting a fourteen year girl alone on the streets of LA?" Wilmer says while frowning.

"I'm not a baby anymore." Nina rolls with her eyes.

"I think it's good for her to take a look in the neighbourhood." I say.

Nina nods, walking away immediately.

Soon enough I will found out that letting her go now is one of my worst mistakes ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think that's going to happen? Like I already said., I have some great stuff planned for LA but I'm scared you guys will kill me. This chapter was just the beginning.

anywaaaayss thanks so much for the reads and votes and comments they make my day, love you guys.