The parting glass

I watched as Daryl yelled in pain, I suddenly let go of the handle of my knife. I cant...I cant believe I just did that?! He leaned his back against the wall and gripped the handle, yanking it out roughly. I whimpered when more blood rushed out of his side.

" Daryl come with me " I didnt wait for an answer and grabbed his other wrist that wasnt holding his wound. I pulled him to the bedroom and grabbed the bag. Maybe we have something in here I could use.

I opened his shirt and looked at his wound, I used a cloth of an old shirt that was in the bag to out pressure on it.

" hold it there " I moved his hand over the rag and ran off, I hope this house has supplies. I went to the bathroom, opening drawers frantically. Nothing.

I went to the kitchen and opened drawers, I found one roll of bandages. Why would they keep it in the kitchen? Oh well, I really didnt have time to think stupid quiestions. I quickly went back into the room, removing his hand

" Daryl please sit up " I noticed his eyes were closed, was he passed out? He opened them and winced in pain as he sat up. I let out a breath of relief and started wrapping the bangage all around his torso so it could cover the wound.

I finished and glanced up at him, he was biting on his bottom lip from his side hurting so much. I stood up straight, and made him lay down.

" Im sorry .. I didnt know it was you.. " I was guilty, I could have killed him. And then what would I do, I mean, if he abandoned me it would be better then me killing him myself.

Daryl didnt speak a word, he stared up at me before closing his eyes.

" Ill come back in later to check on you.." I leaned down and pecked his cheek lightly, turning and walking out of the room.

I sat on the floor and crossed my legs, singing a song to calm myself.

" Of all the money, that e'er I had.

I spent it in..good company.

And all the harm, that e'er I've done.

Alas it was to none but me.

And all I've done

For want of wit

To memory now, I cant recall.

So fill to me...the parting glass.

Goodnight and joy be with you all. " I sang as quiet as I could, I knew how my singing got on Daryl's nerves. He told me it was annoying one day at the prison.

" of all the comrades

That er'e I had

They are sorry for my, going away.

And all the sweethearts

That er'e I had, they would wish me one more day to stay "

I decided to stop and check on Daryl now, standing to my feet. I turned and went into the room.

Daryl was snoring faintly, like he had just gone to sleep. I walked up and looked at his wound, sitting on the ground and leaning my head back against it. I hope he gets better soon...