Stranger

We were on the road again...walkers started to surround the hotel and Connor wouldnt quit crying. I have gotten a lot closer to Daryl lately. I walked behind him, he was ahead and looking for a place. I heard a gunshot and nearly jumped out of my skin. Bird flew from the trees and I looked around, that was it. Only one gunshot. I decided to ignore it and kept walking down the road after Daryl.

Connor bounced in my arms, whining. Ugh, this is hard. Daryl ended up taking her and walking again, I watched as he talked to her while walking. They seemed to click, father-daughter. She was like his little side kick.

I heard walkers, groaning and moaning following us. I looked back and sighed, only three were following. I stopped in my tracks and pulled out my butterfly knife, turning around. One walker snapped at me and I plundged my knife in its eye, I made a disgusted look and pulled it out. But before I could turn, another grabbed my hair.

I screamed and struggled, an arrow went clean through its skull and Into the last one that went after me. I blinked and clenched my jaw, I was stupid for almost getting myself killed.

" Sorry " I whispered and began walking off quickly, Daryl still had Connor in his arms as he followed me. He had retrieved his arrows, but not reloaded his crossbow. I could hear the chains hooked on his jeans slapping against his thigh, so he was jogging.

Connor was staring back at the walkers that were on the ground, Daryl grabbed my arm and spun me around. " what the hell is wrong.? "

I stared at him, did he not just see me almost get myself killed because of my stupidity!?

I didnt reply and turned back around, we had to sleep outside tonight. I leaned against a tree and sat down against it. The sun was already going down, Daryl was walking around. He made a fire and Connor still had one toy, she played with it.

I felt Daryl slump down beside me and his hand laid on my knee but he removed it once he placed it down. I stared at the fire and Connor, I was unfazed when he touched me on accident. On the arm. Or he would brush his hand over mine.

I began humming but stoppe when I couldn't help sing. I knew Daryl didnt like it.

" why'd ye' stop.? " I heard his southern drawl ask " keep goin' "

" I thought you didnt like my singing..."

" well, I dont see a jukebox anywhere so- "

I couldn't help but smile lightly at that, I looked down and waited

" Daryl..what kind of music do you like.? "

" Uh...I never really listened to all tha' "

I nodded slowly, I was thinking of songs. Maybe he likes rock? I dont know a lot of Rock songs though...I know old fashioned rock ..

" Just a city girl..

Living in a lonely world.

Took a night on the midnight train, going anywhere.

Just a city boy

Born and raised in south Detroit

Took a ride on the midnight train going anywhere" I sang quietly and I was kind of shocked to hear him humming along. I stopped and listened to him, but he stopped also.

We stayed silent for a moment, Connor was trying to sing the lyrics. She was doing good for a while. Then she gave up and laughed.

I heard a crackle like a stick breaking, I leaned forwards sligtly and looked into the dark woods. Is it another Walker?..

I saw a figure and I froze up when it stopped and seemed like to stare at me. Who is it?