Don't leave me

"Don't leave me..."

He whispered, voice hoarse and quivering, eyes rimmed red.

"I won't..."

He pressed a kiss to the top of his head before brushing his bangs out of his face to reveal the tanned flesh of his cheeks. The older looked like a mess, but a beautiful mess nonetheless. His eyes glistening with a tear filled gaze, his bottom lip bitten raw from worrying his bottom lip in between his teeth, the tear tracks cascading down his face, and his mess mussed from thrashing around the sheets to chase away his nightmares.

"I'm right here...I'm not going anywhere."

Whispered the younger in a breathy whisper, a tiny smile prominent on his face despite his own tears flooding down his chin, creating a small puddle of water to form on the tiled ground below them.

Hoseok cried harder, and gathered the smaller boy in his arms.

Their legs tangled, their hands clasped together, afraid to let go.

If I let go will you fall apart and disappear?...

The guilt was eating him alive, swallowing him whole, what was left of him was a sea of secrets and lies ready to come and wash him up in its mess. If only he had told him the truth a long time ago.

It was just six little simple words that needed to be said, yet it was hard to form the words with his mouth.

Hoseok.

I'm sick.

I'm going to die...

Burying his face deeper into the olders warmth they cry harder together until the sun rises but both for different reasons.

~>.<'~

He knew it was time when he felt a dull ache in his heart, the sudden chill settling in his bones, and the breaths that came in shallow inhales and exhales.

He felt his world spin, and come crashing down.

It's time...

He laid down right next to Hoseok on their shared bed, accidentally rousing his lover from sleep.

"Hey there angel~"

Cooed the older, his heart sank, his palms became sweaty, he didn't know how to do this anymore.

"Hoseok hyung... I love you, with all my heart and soul, never forget me please."

The younger captured the olders lips in a hungry passionate kiss, because he knew, it'd be the last.

"Jinnie-ah I'll never forget you, your my precious angel sweetheart, and I love you very much too, I hope we can get married soon~"

Tears running down his cheeks he gives out a weak sniffle, and hugs the older close. They close their eyes...

But only one wakes up after they've closed their eyes.

~>.<'~

It had been hours since seokjin had fallen asleep, but Hoseok had been pained to wake up his sleeping lover, he just looked so peaceful.

Besides, he hadn't been able to sleep a whole not, what with Hoseoks mental breakdowns in the middle of the night because of stress due to work and college, his dongsaeng should have at least one night of decent sleep.

With a hum and a smile on perched on his face he flips the pancake on the stove with a spatula.

Strawberry.

Seokjin's favorite.

Turning the stove off, Hoseok walks to their shared room and his smile morphs into one of pure joy at the sight of his precious angel, "Wake up my angel!~" sing songs the older of the two.

Seokjin doesn't move.

Hoseok tried again.

Seokjin stays still.

The hyung becomes alarmed and goes to shake Jin to wake him up, his body is lukewarm.

Hoseok runs to his phone and dials Namjoon number urging him to come, all the while Seokjin sleeps as his sweetheart cries into the speaker.

~>.<'~

"Hoseok, Jin's dead."

"What? No he's not stop playing Namjoon, my angel is well and alive."

"Hoseok, please listen, he's been dead for 3 hours"

"No...that can't be true, my baby's gonna wake up soon, you'll see, he's just tired."

Shaking the oldest Namjoon looks Hoseok in the eyes and grits out, "He's not gonna wake up! He's dead Hoseok! You won't get to see him anymore."

The oldest stares back and his eyes begin to well up with tears before they cascade down his face. He fists Namjoons leather jacket into his hands and yells.

"Don't say that!! He loves me he promised he wouldn't leave me!!"

A group of undertakes pass by with a body bag into their shared room and Hoseok stares with horror.

"No! Don't take him away!"

"Hoseok!"

Namjoon holds the older down and they watch as they zip up the body bag.

"He's scared of the dark!! I can't leave him! Stop!! Don't leave him alone!!"

Hoseok forgets to add on, it's his greatest fear...

~>.<'~

"Hoseok hyung?"

Calls out Namjoon, and it's been a month since Seokjin's death, but the older is still taking it to heart everyday. He finds the oldest sitting on their balcony facing the sea, a meadow of flowers blooming in front of him, it had recently rained, so the world is covered in puddles of water here and there, the smell of the trees and dirt in the atmosphere, and fireflies lighting up the dawn sky.

The sun is dipped into the sea, as it rests between the horizon of where the land meets sky.

"Are you okay hyung?"

Asks Namjoon tentavily, the older is sitting on the fence of his porch as he holds hand full of white daises.

Seokjin's favorite.

"Yeah I'm fine Joon-ah"

Smiles the older towards the younger.

Namjoons gapes at the sight, Hoseok hasn't smiled since Seokjin died.

'Do you like these flowers hyung? Aren't they so pretty!'

'Of course they are angel, not as pretty as you though~ '

'Hyung look! This butterfly has a broken wing! It's all alone! Hyung is it gonna die? '

'I don't know precious'

'Hyung where do butterflies go?... Do they just fade away? Are they all alone?'

'...'
'I'm scared of that'

"Hoseok hyung?"

The once broken hearted man looks at the horizon and a tear runs down.

"My precious angel isn't alone. He would never leave me alone, seokjin loves me too much to leave me."

A giggle is heard in the distance.

Don't leave me.

~>.<'~

Have a few errors so I'll fix those later!~

Hope you loved the story!

I love you!!~❤️