Do you wish you had a mother?

"Hey Jinnnie"

"Hm?"

Hummed the five year old as he suckled on an orange slice, his head tilted to stare into the eyes of the slightly taller six year old.

"Do you ever wish you had a mom?"

Asked Taehyung nervously as he fiddled with the orange peels that were left on the table. Clearly he felt uncomfortable for asking such a question, but it was a question he had been dying to ask ever since he met the younger.

Little Jinnie straightened his back and furrowed his eyebrows. Obviously he wasn't insulted or anything, he was just curious as to why his friend brought this topic up all of a sudden.

"Why do you ask that?"

Taehyung fumbled to gather his words together, his cheeks pink in shame and orange juice dripping from his hands.

"I-I don't know, it's just that normally kids have a mom and a dad, n-not t-two dads...b-but it's okay to have two dads!! That's cool!! I don't care, and you know that, it's just...maybe you want a mom too?"

Jinnie tilted his head back as if he were thinking long and hard, a few drops of orange juice dropped onto the table top as he softly suckled another orange slice. Then from behind him his dads face came into view, all dimples and smiles obscuring his vision.

"Hi daddy!!"

Squealed Jinnie as his Daddy Namjoon's tickled his sides all the whole peppering his face with kisses.

"How is my munchkin doing, are you guys enjoying the oranges?"

"I'm good daddy!! Me and TaeTae are having a lot of fun, a-and the oranges are so yummy, thank you!!"

"Your welcome"

Came the reply from behind Namjoon, Namjoon moved aside to reveal Jinnie's papa, Jimin.

"Aww, my Ángels face is all dirty, when are you gonna stop making such a mess with your food sweetheart?"

Asked rhetorically Jimin as he tenderly wipes at Jinnie's mouth with a pink handkerchief. Jimmie eyes were filled with warmth and his smile held a thousand "I love you's."

Jinnie's eyes widened, and his tummy filled with warmth as his posture relaxed, and his smile grew even bigger. He stared at both his parents with all the love in the world, and his parents stared back with even more love than what the universe can offer.

"Never, I want to be your baby forever, I love you both very much."