5: Beware of Frozen Hearts

Elsa turned around to face Pitch, "On the other hand, your Majesty... I know everything about you and your sister. Tell them what happened last summer." He smirked deviously before disappearing into a shadow again.

She was terrified of what he just said. He practically told her that he planned on going after Anna. What am I going to do?

"Anna," Elsa whispered.

Jack, Rapunzel, Hiccup, and Merida slowly walked up to her with worried expressions. Frost started to spread on the floor around her in a snowflake pattern. Tears were rolling down her cheeks but froze before  reaching her chin.

"Elsa... who's Anna?" Rapunzel wondered.

They all waited for Elsa to answer but she didn't. She stared blankly at the place where she pinned Pitch against the wall.

"Is she your sister?" Hiccup continued. They were speaking to her carefully as if she was a vase that would shatter into a million pieces.

All she managed was nod. Rapunzel pulled her into a gentle hug, "We won't let anything happen to her," she told Elsa. "I promise." Rapunzel let her lose from the hug but held onto her shoulders and looked into my eyes. "And when I promise something, I never, ever, break that promise." She said sternly.

Elsa watched the others who all nodded in agreement. "Nothing will happen to her," Jack added.

"Aye," Merida responded.

When Hiccup didn't say anything, Merida elbowed him in the ribs. "Ow. What was that for?" She motioned her hand towards Elsa with wide eyes. "Oh... Yeah. Well do everything we can to protect your sister." She punched his shoulder, "Ow! Again?"

"Ah don' think tha's helping." She glared at him. They started to argue.

Elsa interrupted their bickering with a smile on her face, "No, it did. Thank you. All of you." She paused before sighing, "I think it's time that I tell you all what happened last summer, why I cannot stand hurting people, even if it's to protect something, or an accident."

They agreed and Hiccup instructed the Vikings to attempt putting out the fires. "We should talk about this at my house," Hiccup lead them to one or the very few homes that weren't on fire and they step inside. They looked around as Hiccup stepped into a living room type area. "It's no fancy castle but it's home." Everything was made of wood and covered in animal skin. "You can sit down, you know."

They were all standing there awkwardly. Merida quickly made herself comfortable by sitting on one of the chairs across the couch. Hiccup sat on the left side of the couch while Rapunzel sat on the right. Elsa took a seat in the chair next to Merida and Jack was floating on his staff above the couch.

"So... spill," Jack said rather impatiently.

The others glared at him but Elsa quickly began her story. First she told them about how she and Anna would always get up in the middle of the night and sneak down to the ballroom to play with magic.

"So ye did tha' a lot as chil'ren?" Merida interrupted.

"Almost every night." Elsa smiled fondly, "But one night, while Anna was jumping from hill to hill, I slipped. I tried to make another mound of snow for her to land on," tears fell down her cheeks again, "But I missed and struck her in the head."

"So is that--" Hiccup started but Elsa cut him off.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Hiccup, but I want to get this over with as soon as possible." She tried to wipe the tears away but they just keep coming.

He nodded for her to continue so she did. She told them about the trolls and being locked in her room for thirteen years. About the special gloves, her parents' death, and her coronation. How she froze Arendelle but didn't know it. When she got to the part about striking Anna in the heart, she could barely breathe.