20: A Frosty Situation

Pitch tightened the shackles around Elsa's wrists. In a show of rebellion she struggled to freeze them but Pitch only chuckled darkly at her.

They sat there in this dark empty room for hours. Both she and Rapunzel were chained to chairs, sitting back to back. As Elsa continued wriggling the chains chaffed her wrists. But she finally gave up...if she couldn't save herself, no one could.

Surely she was being unreasonable. There had to be some shred of hope left. But no...she couldn't think of anyone that would come for them--at least not in time. She knew Anna and the other three would come looking for them. However, she had an awful feeling in the pit of her stomach that they would be too late.

Elsa heard sniffing behind her. "Rapunzel it's okay. They'll come for us." She tried to reassure her, but it was hard to do that when she herself felt hopeless.

"Why do I feel like they won't?" She whispered.

Elsa couldn't tell her that she had the same feeling. Her hope may have been gone, but she couldn't let Rapunzel's disappear too. With as much determination as she could muster, Elsa responded, "They will. I can feel it..." and just for good measure, with a saddened smile on her face she added, "in my belly."

Through her quiet sobs, Raunzel giggled, causing Elsa's sad smile to broaden at her cousin.

❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅

Elsa awoke when a sharp pain shot through her head. She cried out in agony as tears immediately blurred her vision. As the tears rolled down her cheeks she was able to see around her.

She was strapped to a table in another dark room. The walls were in a dome shape and made of black bricks, as well as the floor, strange machines crowded the room. Next to her strapped to a different table, lie Rapunzel.

Rapunzel caught a glance at Elsa then frantically searched around the room. There was no door, no way for them to escape.

A shadow appeared in front of them, slowly revealing itself to be Pitch.

"What do you want from us?" Elsa asked, making her distaste form him clearly evident.

"What do I want from you?" He pondered. "It's quite simple actually..." Pitch started pacing. "You see, in just two days--on Christmas--Máni will be at his fullest power. Now you may think that this would make me weaker, but it makes me remarkably stronger."

"As I told Jack those five years ago...nothing goes better than cold and dark. At noon on Christmas eve I will extract your three powers. Using your powers, at 12:01 Christmas morning, I will destroy all of the toys North delivered. And once the children wake up and see there aren't any toys from Santa, they will stop believing. And when the children stop believing..." He smirks, "I'll pick off each guardian one by one."

"You said three, but there's only two of us here."Elsa said this trying to catch him off guard, but it didn't work.

"Ah yes, Jack...Well...He decided to come searching for the two of you without the others. I suspect he'll be here any minute now."

There was one thing that still didn't make sense to Elsa. Pitch had brought Rapunzel back from the past, why? "But if you want our powers over ice, why do you need Rapunzel?"

Pitch chuckled as if the answer was obvious. "Rapunzel's powers are unique, as are your own." He looked at Rapunzel. "You can heal any injury, cure any sickness, even stop aging with continued treatment of your hair...But imagine what I could do if I combined my nightmare sand with your healing powers."

A look of horror plastered on Rapunzel's face. "You wouldn't dare." She threatened.

"Oh but I would. And I will."

"You won't get away with this. We're going to stop you." Elsa stated angrily.

"You'll be dead before you even get the chance. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a frosty situation to deal with."

Just as soon as the villainous man had arrived, he vanished.

Elsa's hope still hadn't returned, and Rapunzel must have known it, "We'll get out of here, Elsa. I know we will." Rapunzel was trying to do the cheering up now.

Elsa couldn't say anything. She closed her eyes tightly. If Pitch succeeded, surely he would kill lots of people. She couldn't let people get hurt. It would be all her fault too. Pitch was able to do this because of her. Because of her powers. She would become the monster people accused her of being if she let Pitch kill people using her powers.

What would she do then? She probably wouldn't be able to do anything. Pitch did just say that they'd be dead before they got the chance to stop him.

"E-Elsa? It's-s really c-cold."

Elsa eyes popped open, the dark room was now white, a blizzard had been created during her fearful thoughts. She took a deep breath and thought about how much she loved Anna. The storm came to a stop.

Concentrating even harder on Anna, she tried making the snow melt. But something was wrong; the snow wasn't melting.

Elsa closed her eyes again. Instead of focusing on Anna...She thought about Jack. He always tried to make her smile or laugh. Especially when she was being too serious, which was usually when she was doing her queenly duties.

"Thanks." Rapunzel sighed.

Her eyes opened again, the snow was gone...and Elsa was confused. Usually thinking about her love for Anna could both stop and thaw her storms. So why didn't it work that time? Why did she have to think about Jack for the snow to melt?

The answer was simple: Elsa loved Jack.

A cloud of dark sand formed next to her, then exploded. Jack was next to her, strapped onto another table.

"Jack!" Elsa and Rapunzel gasped in fear.

"How could you be stupid enough to come here alone?" Elsa yelled. She wanted so badly to break free of the restraints that were holding her down.

Jack rolled his dark blue eyes, "Your welcome for trying to save you."

Do I really love him? Elsa ignored his attitude. "Jack, where are the others? Do they have a plan?"

"Yes. Not a very successful one though." He mumbled.

"What is it?" She pushed.

Jack looked around the room. "I'm sorry I can't tell you. But you have to trust me...it's not going to work."

Despite his sad tone and hopeless look, Elsa saw something else spark inside of him; determination, maybe? Determination that they would win this battle? Yes, that's what she saw. But there was another piece to the puzzle. It was as if he was hiding something. But what?

"So we're doomed?" Rapunzel sobbed, "I'll never get to see the floating lights?"

Jack was acting suspicious, he was never this depressed. He nodded solemnly, but Elsa noticed how his lips twitched up for just a split second into a smile.

_____________________________________________________

Hello Guardians!

Short and boring chapter...sorry. But at least now you know that Pitch's plans are. And we are getting closer to the better-fight-scene parts, I promise. Do you like my new cover? I made it myself :) I might only do another 5 chapters in this book (depending on how long I want to drag out the drama). Oh and you are all giving pretty valid reasons for the shipping...I think I know what I'm going to do, but keep voting anyways. Mericcup 47--Hiccstrid 36.

Keep reading,
PrincessSelene04