10: Jamie and His Friends

Elsa let what North said sink in; everyone seemed to do that as well. First Rapunzel and Kristoff, then the elves and yetis. What's next? Bad things always come in threes so seriously, what's next?

Jack was the first to speak after the long silence. Elsa didn't realize until now that he was standing right next to her--their arms touching--causing her to jump when she heard him.

"We have to go find them. If Pitch kept his lair in the same place, then I might know where we can find him."

"What about toys?" North asked, seemingly delirious. "Toys are destroyed... children won't believe if I can't get toys made by Christmas." North slumped down in a nearby chair as they all watched him sadly.

Another long silence followed and Jack was once again the person to break it. "What about Jamie and his friends?" He jumped up excitedly. "They all believe in you! They could come here to help you make the toys, while we kill Pitch and rescue the others."

"We can't just bring them here. Parents will know they are missing." North replied as if the answer was obvious.

Jack laughed, "Let Sandy handle that... speaking of which, we should call the others."

North's expression changed. "How could I forget!" He walked over to what looked like a desk with lots of lights and switches. He twisted something, green, blue, and purple lights shot up from the globe.

"Northen Lights," Jack whispered, leaning closer to Elsa. His mouth was so close to her ear that she could feel his cool breath.

Elsa watched in wonder. After all those years of thinking the Northern Lights were a natural thing that occur, only to find out that they were a signal that Santa Claus sent out when there was a problem.

They stood around asking North questions until the others showed up. First came Tooth, flying through the window with some fairies by her side. She gasped when she saw the toys, "What happened North? And where is everyone?"

North was about to answer but a hole appeared in the ground, and out hopped Bunny. "What happened here, Mate?" Bunny inquired, concerned but painting an egg.

"I will explain when Sandy is here."

Elsa noticed the little golden man out of the corner of her eye, and apparently so did Hiccup.

"Sandy is here." Hiccup pointed to Sandy, who was angrily blowing sand out of his ears.

Jack chuckled lightly and whispered in Elsa's ear, "That happens to Sandy a lot." She stared into his beautifully blue eyes for a moment too long, "You're staring, Snowflake."

She giggled quietly as if to say that it was nothing... but deep down inside they both knew it wasn't nothing. That there was something more to what just happened between them during her staring.

Jack smirked at her, he still stood by her side, their hands now very close to touching...

"Sorry," North apologized to Sandy, cutting off the words she was about to say to Jack.

North stated explaining the attacks from the nightmares and Pitch. They appeared on the globe first then started knocking out the yetis. Nightmares then took the elves and destroyed the toys, burying North underneath.

When he was done speaking, symbols appeared over Sandy's head. Some were arrows that are pointing to the four of us, question marks, toys, a clock, a house and the moon. Elsa couldn't understand a thing he said...well symbolized? North, Bunny, and Tooth were talking in hushed tones.

"What's he saying?" Elsa questioned Jack, still watching the small man.

He shrugged, "I have no idea. I've never been able to understand him."