18: Taking Him Back

There were now three days until Christmas.

A few days ago Kristoff gave the five some valuable information about Pitch. Apparently he planned on draining Rapunzel, Jack, and Elsa's powers in order to bring darkness to the world. If anyone were to ask Jack how their powers would help him accomplish that, he would say that he had no idea...because he doesn't.

"Jack?" Her voice voice full of concern. "Jack, please, I know you're here somewhere."

He looked down from his perch in the toy room. He usually came here when he needed to think, always sitting on the beams that support the ceiling...that happen to be sixty feet above the ground.

"Up here."

Elsa looked up, her eyes meeting his. "How exactly do you expect me to get up there?"

He couldn't help but chuckle at her. "You control ice, Your Majesty, I'm sure you can figure out something."

Jack was almost positive he could feel her rolling her eyes. But she made a staircase of ice anyways, and slowly walks up to him. "You really are a gentleman aren't you?" Elsa sat next to him on the beam and waved her hand, melting the staircase.

"Yes I am."

She laughed, her beautiful bell-like laugh.

They stayed silent for a while, just enjoying each other's company. He reached for her hand as she rested her head on his shoulder. They watched as the yetis worked quickly to rebuild all of the toys that were destroyed. They were almost done, even though they'd only been working for a few days.

Elsa sighed. It wasn’t one of those types of sighs that he could just forget about either...she was deep in thought, and was almost begging him to ask her what's on her mind.

He gave in, "What's wrong, Elsa?" Jack studied her face, tears started forming in her eyes. Sometimes she was the strongest person in the world, other times she could be so fragile that it seems as if a feather would break her.

"Jack, I'm going to die. I know that everyone dies eventually, but I can't leave Anna. She--well--you were right, I need Anna." Her tears fell. "And what if, when I die to become a guardian, she doesn't believe in me? She was the only one that kept me going for so long. So what happens to me if--" She was sobbing now.

Jack wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. "Elsa," he whispered. "Anna will always believe in you and you know it. Anna is the fourth most stubborn person I have ever met. You told me about everything that happened this summer, so I don't believe for one second that she would ever stop believing in you."

"But how can you be so sure?"

"I thought I just told you." He teaseed. "But I also have met Anna. In fact, if I recall correctly, I spent three and a half months cramped in a castle with her."

Elsa giggled a bit, "And what do you mean by 'fourth most stubborn'?"

He grinned, "Well Red's number one. Then there's you. Then me. And then Anna."

"What about Hiccup?" She suggests, "He's pretty stubborn too."

Jack looked down at her smiling tear stained face. "I think he's a solid fifth...either that or he's tied with Anna."

"I think they're tied." Elsa whispered quietly.

He gazed down at her face, she was no longer smiling...her eyes were almost pleading. Jack leaned in closer, Elsa closing her eyes. He put his hand on her neck, drawing her closer to him. And just as he felt her cold breath on his--