21: Here We Go

"But I want to come with!" Anna protested.

Hiccup sighed, they had told Anna about Elsa and Rapunzel being taken only an hour ago, and all that had happened was a lot of arguing. First with Astrid, and now with Anna.

Hiccup was standing in front of the desk, near Merida, who was leaning lazily against the left wall of Elsa's study, fidgeting with an arrow. Jack stood to Merida's right, staring at Elsa's desk with an empty look in his eyes. Anna was to Hiccup's left, and Kristoff stood in front of the door.

"Anna you can't come with us." Hiccup said.

"Why not? She's my sister! I need to help her, I need to save her, I need to get her back!"

Jack walked over to the spirited princess, and spoke gently. To Hiccup it almost seemed like Jack was depressed.

"Anna we understand that she's your sister but it's too dangerous for you. She would kill me if anything happened to you. Please understand that." Jack pleaded.

"Pl-ease." Anna rolled her eyes and spoke with an arrogant tone. "I climbed up the North Mountain to bring Elsa back to Arendelle. Why in the sandwiches would I not go?" She argued.

"I agree with them. You shouldn't go." Kristoff said.

Anna was now even more angry than before. "What the h--"

"There isn't anyone here that you can leave in charge." Hiccup interrupted her.

"Sure there is!" Anna smiled. "Kristoff will be here! He's going to be a prince soon, so he might as well start doing some royal duties now."

Kristoff started talking more sternly, "First of all, I already do a lot of your duties when Elsa is gone. Second of all, there wouldn't be anyone here you could leave in charge. If you go, so do I. You almost died several times when  looking for Elsa. I'm not leaving your side, not for a second."

"I'll be fine...I'll be with them!" Anna wouldn't give up.

"Anna--"

"Enough!" Hiccup shouted. Everyone stared at him; Merida no longer longer fiddling with her arrow, got away from the wall and took a step closer. Anna's brows furrowed, worry, anger, and determination all too clear in her expression. Kristoff only seemed worried that Hiccup would allow Anna to go along. Jack's sad frown lightened for a second, hopeful that Hiccup would have an idea.

"Anna...You can't come. I have a plan and you would only get in the way."

"But--"

"I'm not finished yet." He waited, "Anyways...that's not what Elsa would want and you know it, Anna. She would want you to stay somewhere safe, even if it could help her. I don't know her as well as you do, but I do know that all she wants is for you to stay safe and happy."

Anna huffed, "Fine. But if anything happens to her I swear I will hurt all of you!" She threatened.

Hiccup gulped, he knew Anna would keep good on that threat.

"We'll let you plan then," Kristoff hinted to Anna for them to leave. She nodded, following him out the door.

Before she closed it she whispered, "Bring back my sister...alive." The door silently clicked shut.

Jack sighed, "So what's the plan."

Hiccup looked at Jack and Merida, "Okay, here we go..."

❅ ❅ ❅ ❅ ❅

So far their plan was working perfectly. Hiccup watched as Jack jumped down the whole under the old wooden bed frame. Pitch had obviously only seen Jack coming.

The plan wasn't simple, it involved a lot of strategy. First, Jack was supposed to go into Pitch's lair and purposely get caught.

Second, he needed to find out where Elsa and Rapunzel were hidden and use the snowglobe to escape back to the entrance. They needed Pitch to think that they went somewhere far away when really they were waiting for him to leave.

Third, as soon as he left, they snuck back into the lair and located the time machine, using one of Merida's snowglobes they transport themselves back to the North Pole. The Guardians were waiting for them there.

Fourth, they had to take Rapunzel through the portal and Tooth had to change her memories so she won't remember them. Pitch can't get her power...or even worse, change the present by killing her. They already seemed lucky enough that nothing was out of order so far.

Fifth, The four--and the guardians--defeat Pitch.

That last step is going to be the hardest thought Hiccup. He knew the plan he came up with wasn't exactly easy--but what other choice did they have?

After a lot of arguing, he was able to convince Astrid to go home. She was worried about him, but he promised he'd be fine. In the end she still didn't want to leave, but knowing how stubborn Hiccup was she agreed.

Thinking about her made Hiccup smile. She was more stubborn then him, but they were both willing to make sacrifices for the greater good. Sometimes he felt like he didn't deserve her. Sure Astrid used to hate him, but--just like he did--she changed. She became a more compassionate person...and Hiccup liked to think that he was one of the reasons she changed.

The snow crunched next to him, stirring him from his thoughts.

"Dis bedder wurk." Merida stated. She shifted uncomfortably from their spot beneath the evergreen tree. They were laying on their stomachs, in the snow under this tree, waiting for Jack Rapunzel and Elsa to appear.

"Uderwise Anna'll kill us."

Hiccup chuckled, "Are you scared of Anna?"

"Noo! If ah 'ad ta ah could shoot 'er in da blink of an aye!" She paused, "Ah am scared for her doe...What would 'appen ta da lass if Elsa died?"

He thought about it for a moment. Poor Anna would be overcome with grief. So much that it would probably kill her. Anna loved everyone she met, but she loved two people far more than anyone else: Elsa and Kristoff.

Hiccup remembered just this morning when Anna and Kristoff were reunited, Anna was crying hysterically because she thought she'd never see Kristoff again. Surely it would be the same way with Elsa when they returned her to Arendelle...if she was returned to Arendelle.

He could imagine Anna's shocked, disappointed, and grief-stricken face if someone had to tell her that news. No one would want to break her heart.

"Well?"

"We can't let that happen."

A portal appeared behind their tree. Stepping out of it came Jack, Rapunzel, and Elsa. Relief flooded through Hiccup at the sight of them.

______________________________________________________

Hello Guardians!

So was this chapter boring? I feel like it was. But the next one should be better. *whispers* There may or may not be fight scenes *talks normally* Not many chapters left. Mericcup 48--Hiccstrid 37.

Keep reading,
PrincessSelene04