25: Never Bothered Her

Elsa slowly opened her eyes to the sunlight that streamed on her face. She looked around the room. It was her room. The one at her palace. She sat up was it all just a dream? It couldn't have been, everything she experienced was so real. But she still had a slight feeling of dread.

"Elsa?"

Her head jerked to the left were Jack sat on the window seat. He stood, walked to her bed, and hugged her. Thank Máni it wasn't a dream. "Elsa, I was so worried about you."

Elsa frowned. Jack felt cold...really cold. The cold had never bothered her before, in fact, she never remembered feeling cold at all.

"Jack are you alright?"

He pulled away from her and sat at the foot of her bed, twirling his staff. "I'm perfectly fine, now that you're awake. Why?"

"I'm sure it's nothing." Though she said it, she didn't exactly think it was true. "Where are the others?"

Jack sighed, "Well Jamie and the rest of the kids went back home last night. Sandy woke their families up and Tooth fixed all their memories. It's Christmas morning by the way."

"Oh...what about Hiccup, Merida and Rapunzel?" Elsa asked.

"Well Rapunzel was able to get back to her correct time. Tooth changed her memories too, she won't remember anything that happened with us so that she could 'fulfil her destiny' as Máni said. She's actually here right now with her husband--"

"Eugene?"

"That's the one. They're visiting from Corona and are with Anna and Kristoff in the ballroom, at the moment.

"As for Merida, I was there when we took her back to Scotland. Her family thought she ran away, they didn't know why she really left. The king and queen were crying, happily. Her brothers really are devils; they tried to steal my staff! Merida seemed sad when we had to take Hiccup back, I think she's going to miss him."

"She did seem to like him," Elsa acknowledged, smiling.

Jack continued, "She and Hiccup are actually organizing for their parents to sign an alliance treaty. Both nations want to sign one with Arendelle as well."

Elsa got out of her bed and sat at her vanity. Watching herself in the mirror, she took out her messy braid and began brushing her pale blonde locks. She realized she was now wearing a long blue nightgown. Anna  dressed her, she decided.

"Go on."

Jack set his staff on her bed and started pacing, "Hiccup and Toothless are back in Berk. The chief was happy he returned safe and sound. Astrid practically attacked him. They were kissing for so long it made me want to throw up."

Elsa giggled.

"I was really worried about you Elsa." He stood behind her, speaking sincerely.

She stopped brushing her hair and looked up to Jack's reflection in the mirror. She stood up, stepping closer to him, "You said that already."

He paused, allowing her to look into his deep blue eyes. "I meant it."

She closed the gap between them, wrapping her arms around his neck, embracing him. His hands pulled her waist closer to his body. He still felt cold to her, but she ignored it.

"I love you, Elsa."

"I love you too, Jack."

Jack drew her even closer, fully kissing her for the first time. Her hands gently tugged on the hair at the back of his neck. She felt herself being pressed tighter against her body. Very slowly she pulled her lips away from his.

"What happened to Pitch? The last thing I remember is him shooting at me." She whispered.

"He's gone...dead. But he said more people were going to be after us. That's why everyone went home; to take a break before the next danger arrives." He answered sadly. "I don't know what's coming."

"Whatever does, we'll figure it out...together."

Her pushed his lips to hers again, but only for a few moments. "Lets go to the ballroom. Anna made me promise to bring you down as soon as you were up."

Elsa sighed, "I suppose if I have to."

Jack took her hand and they walked into the hall. Walking down several corridors and two flights of stairs, they finally reached the ballroom.

"Your awake!" Anna smiled as she hugged Elsa. "I was getting worried."

"No need. I'm fine." Elsa assured.

Kristoff and Eugene were having a conversation in corner. Rapunzel walked over to Elsa, Anna and Jack. Elsa had to remind herself that she didn't remember a thing that had happened with Pitch. "Merry Christmas, Elsa!"

"Merry Christmas!" Elsa smiled.

"Let it snow." Jack whispered in her ear as he tapped his staff to the ground. Snow started to fall from the ceiling. Elsa laughed...but she still felt cold.

A sudden thought distracted her from having fun in the snow. "Oh, Anna! Do you have any idea when the wedding is going to be?"

"We were thinking sometime in March. Because I want it to be winter themed but I don't want it to be too cold and..." Anna continued babbling but was interrupted when Elsa was hit in the back with a snowball.

Elsa turned around, seeing Jack across the room, pretending to act like he was oblivious to what he did. Elsa knew better.

She waved her hand, trying to create a snowball...but nothing happened.

"Elsa are you okay?" Anna asked.

She tried waving her hand again and again, still nothing happened. Panic filled her, she didn't understand. "My powers..." a tear fell from her eyes but didn't freeze on her cheek like it normally would, "They're gone." She cried.

____________________________________________________

Hello Guardians!

This chapter was going to be longer but I stopped it there. *gasp* Elsa's powers are gone...or are they...? Mericcup 59-- Hiccstrid 49.

Keep reading,
PrincessSelene04.