16: Sorry to Disappoint

Merida and Hiccup were standing at the entrance of the cage, staring at the scene before then.

The man whom they previously believed to be dead, was standing in front of them. Elsa and Jack were in the middle of the cage, nightmares and Pitch are surrounding them. Rapunzel was slightly off to their side, cowering in fear at the sight of Pitch. Merida's bow was still raised with yet another arrow aiming at Pitch. Since Toothless couldn't fit down the hole, he wasn't with them...and Hiccup didn't have a weapon.

Looking over at at him, Merida seemed to realize his dilemma. She nodded her head towards her hip, motioning for Hiccup take the sword that hung from her quiver. He awkwardly shuffled over to her, lifting the heavy weapon from its sheath.

Regaining his composure, he watched Elsa as her tear stained face stared  at him. The words they'd all been thinking finally left her mouth, "Kristoff?"

Pitch stared at the now strong Kristoff. "You're supposed to be dead!" He seethed.

Kristoff smirked, "Sorry to disappoint."

"But Rapunzel--" Elsa started but was interrupted by Rapunzel.

"I thought it didn't work!" Rapunzel's eyes were widened and staring at Kristoff.

"Oi, Pitch!" Merida shouted to get his attention.

His body whipped around and glared  at her. He took a quick glance at Hiccup then focused his attention back on Merida. "What is it princess?"

Merida shot the arrow. He let out a shriek as it lodged in his shoulder and he fell to the ground, "That's fer calling me princess."

Pitch slowly stood and pulled out the arrow out. Just like what happened when he pulled out the other arrow, no blood came out of the wound. “What exactly was the point of that this time?”

Hiccup took his turn to speak, “As I said before,” Pitch watched him carefully, “It wasn’t meant to kill you, it was meant to distract you.” A look of confusion washed over his face, but it was quickly replaced by realization. Pitch sprinted to the bars of the cage. Now knowing that his prisoners have escaped he raises his arm; and just like that the nightmares started attacking.

Elsa, Jack, Rapunzel, and Kristoff sprint out of the cage, Merida and Hiccup followed them down the slippery staircase.

Merida had her bow out and was shooting the arrows at nightmares. Elsa and Jack were once again freezing them. Rapunzel used her knotted hair as a whip. Hiccup using Merida's sword to slash them into their true form...dust. Kristoff just kept running between the five of them--weaponless.

"Hey Merida!" Hiccup yelled through the roaring of the battle.

"Ya?" She shouted, seemingly annoyed, after shooting an arrow.

"Do you have any other extra weapons for Kristoff?" He yelled again, stabbing another nightmare with her sword.

"Nay, Surry!"

They reached the bottom of the stairs. The six of them stand in a circle with Kristoff in the middle. "Uh, Elsa?" Kristoff mumbled as they continued killing the nightmares. Elsa ignored him, concentrating on freezing a nightmare that charged at her. "Elsa!" He shouted this time.

"What?"

"Could you make me some sort of weapon or sword or something? So I can hep you kill these things."

Elsa turned around, looked at him for a second, then flick her wrist. A sword of ice appears in his right hand. The ice was crystal blue and had intricate designs on the handle. "Satisfied?"

"Yes." Kristoff grinned and helped kill off some nightmares.

They all went separate ways. Every time a nightmare was killed it seemed as if two more took its place.

A nightmare ran at Hiccup. He turned around and to start running, looking for higher ground, but he crashed into a familiar redhead. Merida sprawled out on the ground and he landed on top of her--straddling her with their faces inches apart. "Hiccup!" She yelled angrily. She attempted to hide her blush but he could still see it; the faint remnant of pink on her cheeks. Merida tried to push him away but that only managed him to get even closer to her.

Hiccup stared at her for a second. He'd never realized how beautiful she was. Her vibrant blue eyes were so captivating, he could stare into them forever.

But he couldn't do that. He has Astrid, and he loved Astrid with all his heart.

"Sorry." Hiccup mumbled. His face was heating and turning red as he crawled off of her. Instead of standing up, she stayed on the ground. Nightmares were racing around us. Merida tried to stand but he grabed her wrist and pulled her back down.

"Whut was that fer?"

"Behind you!" Hiccup said. They both got up, she swiveled and fired an arrow. She immediately backed up after hitting a nightmare exactly between its eyes. "Nice shot."

"I know."

Hiccup sighed, same old Merida. His momentary relief was destroyed when he looked around. Elsa and Jack aere surrounded by a tornado of nightmares. Rapunzel and Kristoff were laying on the ground unconscious

"Hiccup!" Merida screamed.

Before he could say anything he was hit in the head. Pain shot into his head and down his spine. Hiccup collapsed onto the ground. His senses dulled as darkness encased him. But before he completely blacked out, he caught a glimpse of a girl with braided blonde hair and pale blue eyes.

______________________________________________________

Hello Guardians!

This is might be a long A/N: Super short chapter, sorry. I'll try to update again this weekend. I thought I made It pretty obvious that Kristoff is still alive in the last sentence of "Tell Her I Love Her"... but apparently some people didn't get it. I don't know how, but they didn't. Anyways... YAY  he's alive and awesome as ever! I bet you know who the girl with Blonde hair and blue eyes is, sorry to make it obvious. I honestly didn't plan on putting her back in the story yet, but you know how it goes...spontaneity is wonderful...it give me the courage to do things I normally wouldn't. Vote in the comments. I NEED MORE VOTES FOR THE SHIPS! TALLY SO FAR: Mericcup 30--Hiccstrid 17 (come on Hiccstrid shippers!). I probably won't care about your opinion... Updates now only come on weekends unless I say otherwise (like today). OH! One other question...This story will have three books to it, including this one, but about how many chapters do you want them to be?

Keep reading,

PrincessSelene04