24: Surrender or Die

Merida watched in awe as the six children charged at the nightmares. As soon as they touched the dark creatures, they turned into dream sand. Now they weren't as outnumbered, they could actually win. She laughed, "Hiccup, dive deepur!"

"Are you insane?" He shouted. Toothless was only just hovering above some of the remaining nightmares.

"Jus' trus' me!"

"I hope you know what you're doing!" He directed the dragon to dive further down.

Merida grabbed onto the collar of Hiccup's shirt as she stood up. She let go to grab an arrow, then started shooting.

They were now on the ground. Hiccup was defenseless, again, so Merida handed him her sword, "Do ya ever come prepared?"

"Only weapon I'm good at using is the dragon." Slowly, all the nightmares were either turned to dream sand, or destroyed. "Where's Pitch?" Hiccup shouted.

"Over here!" Rapunzel called. Merida and Hiccup made their way to the sound of her voice. Their feet crunched in the hardened sand of nightmare carcasses. They weren't the first to reach Rapunzel. Rapunzel, Jack, and Elsa stood staring at something on the ground.

Merida walked between Elsa and Rapunzel. Pitch lay on the ground, unconscious. One of his arms was torn off, a remaining nightmare chewing on it a few feet away.

Pitch groaned, pushing himself up with his remaining arm.

"It's over Pitch. Surrender or die, the choice is yours." Jack said, aiming his staff at Pitch. Merida had her bow trained on him, and Elsa's hands were held up in his direction.

The evil man chuckled even though he knew he had been defeated. "You think this is over?" He said slowly, laughing. "This may be my end...but I know of more people that wish to destroy you. And I know they will succeed, with one last bit of help from me."

He stood up and shot at Elsa. Merida fired her arrow and Jack froze him with his staff. Elsa defended herself against the attack, but screamed when she was shot in the heart.

Merida shot one last arrow at Pitch's frozen form, and it shattered, leaving nothing but black pieces of ice, where he stood.

"Elsa?" Jack shouted, trying to shake her awake. "Elsa, wake up."

North and the other Guardians walked to Elsa.

Merida watched as Sandy examined her. For Jack's sake, she hoped that Elsa was alright. She gripped her bow tightly, worrying all over. Someone tapped her shoulder, expecting Hiccup she turned around.

"She'll be okay." Jamie smiled, "I've seen this happen before."

"Ya sure, Lad?"

"Positive."

_________________________________________________________

Hello Guardians!

Very short chapter...I think this chapter was even shorter than the prologue...but I actually did that on purpose! It's not the end of this book, don't worry, there are still 2 chapters left (i may do more just to tell you some extra information). I did some obvious and some not-so-obvious foreshadowing in this chapter, any idea what it was? I'm very proud of my plot for the next book :) VOTE FOR THE SHIPS! Mericcup 57--Hiccstrid 44.

Keep reading,
PrincessSelene04