8: Three Months Later

It had been three and a half months since Pitch threatened Elsa with hurting Anna. It was now the middle of December--eight days until Christmas to be exact--which meant that Jack has been flying back and forth between Arendelle and other places in order to bring winter to the Northern hemisphere.

Pitch sent nightmares here once every week or so to try and scare them, but they defeated them easily every time. Sometimes Jack felt like it was too easy to kill the nightmares. It seemed almost as if they are being lead into a trap.

they hadn't found traces of Pitch anywhere. None of the guardians were able to help them because they were either preparing for their holidays, collecting teeth, or sending dreams. But when he wasn't painting eggs the warren, Kangaroo helped to track Pitch down a little bit. His holiday was farther away than North's, after all.

Jack sat on the window seat in Elsa's bedroom, watching her and Anna sleep. He knew strange, but he had to make sure Pitch didn't give them nightmares.

Both Anna and Elsa had been getting nightmares for the past months. Kristoff was starting to get really worried, and so was Jack. But Kristoff was also getting sleep deprived so last night Jack promised him that he would watch them at night so he could sleep. Anna was laying in Elsa's bed with her and Kristoff was sleeping on some blankets on the floor. He refused to stay anywhere else, so here they are, the four of them in this room, three of which were sleeping.

Jack thought about how he and Elsa had gotten close these past few months along, with Hiccup and Merida. He didn't know exactly what was going on with Hiccup and Merida, one second they're laughing and the next they were arguing about something irrational. However, he did know that whenever Elsa wasn't signing treaties or having diplomatic meetings, she was spending her time with the four of them and Anna.

She and Jack, well usually Jack, started snowball fights in the ballroom, and eventually all the palace occupants would be playing in the snow.

Elsa always lost herself when they had fun, and her smile seemed to glow brighter. She was beautiful no matter what, but it wass in those moments, when she forgot all of the pain she had been through, that her true beauty and innocence shine the brightest. And it usually happened to be in that magnificent smile of hers.

Jack's thoughts were interrupted when Elsa thrashed around. She shot ice at the mirror across the room and it shattered, "Ja--Anna--No!" She screamed. She jolted awake and he rushed to her side.

Anna and Kristoff surprisingly didn't wake up with all the noise.

Elsa's hair was falling out of its usual braid and her baby blue nightgown was crumpled.

Elsa tried to back away but she realized that he wasn't going to hurt her. She hugged him, "Pitch, Anna, everyone..." She cried on his shoulder. He didn't know what he was supposed to do so he hugged her back, pulling her closer to him.

"Shhh... What was it about?" He asked calmly once she calmed down.

She took a deep breath, “Pitch, he kidnapped Anna. The five of us, and Kristoff tried to go save her but..." Her breath hitched, "We were too late." Elsa broke down crying and hugged him tighter.

He held her close to him, gently stroking her hair. He waited a few minutes to talk to her again. "Elsa we won't let anything happen to Anna. You have to know that, right?"

It took a while for her to respond but Jack thought he could feel her smiling, "Yes. Thank you, Jack." She pulled away and her beautiful blue eyes were staring at him.

Another thought crossed his mind. It probably wouldn't help but it was worth a try. "Do you think you'll be able to fall back asleep?" He inquired.