23: Now Run Along

"Boo." Pitch said.

Jack watched in horror as nightmares began attacking them left and right. He swung his staff and jumped around, slashing and freezing the nightmares.

He looked to his right and saw Jamie and his friends cowering behind a pile of toys. He ran to them but a nightmare blocked his path.

An arrow shot through the beast. "Yer welcome!" Merida yelled from above.

"Thank you!"

Jack rushed over to the kids. "Jack!" Jamie cried, hugging him.

"Hey kid." He no longer had to kneel down to look the thirteen year old in the eyes. "I need you guys to get to North's office and lock the door. No matter what happens don't open it until one of us comes to get you."

"But we want to help!" Jamie argued. The battle around them went on. Guardians and nightmares fighting one another.

"I can't let you. People still believe in us, so we're strong enough to fight on our own this time." He waved for Jamie's friends to go to the office already so he could have a moment alone with Jamie. They nodded And ran out of the room.

Jack smiled, "We'll be fine--" there was a loud bang "--I need you to look after your friends though. If any nightmares find you...well, you know what to do." He ruffled the child's hair and pointed in the direction of the others. "Now go," he demanded seriously.

"I'll see you soon," Jamie said before scurrying off as well.

Jack smiled then ran in the direction of the battle, hitting nightmares with his staff. He saw Elsa and Rapunzel were standing back to back; Elsa froze them then Rapunzel hit them, shattering them into millions of pieces for good measure. North was slaying them with his swords, Kangaroo with boomerangs, Sandy with whips. Tooth frantically flew around, punching them...which made Jack chuckle despite what was going on around him.

"Oi, Jack!"

He looked up and saw Merida and Hiccup riding Toothless. Hiccup was commanding the dragon to fire at the nightmares while Merida rotated in the saddle, shooting the stealthily dark creatures that surrounded them.

"We need sum 'elp up 'ere!"

Gripping his staff tightly, he flew up to the top of the globe. He stood there for a moment, taking everything in. He was going to try to freeze the black sand, but it was like a hurricane in the workshop. There was no way he'd be able to do it all on his own.

He needed Elsa.

Jack searched through chaos of the battle for the platinum blonde, spotting her still next to Rapunzel. He quickly flew to them and landed in front of them right before a nightmare was about to attack. He shot it with ice then turned to Elsa. He was so close to her that her felt her breath on his neck.

"I need your help."

"With what?" She tilted her head to the right and shot at a nightmare that was charging at Jack.

"What do you think." He glared at her.

"We can't leave Rapunzel alone--"

"I'll be fine, just go!" Rapunzel yelled as she crushed a nightmare with her frying pan.

Elsa smirked, "Then let it snow." Jack scooped her up in his arms and took to the air. As they made their way to the globe again, Elsa froze the nightmares midair so that they would shatter when they hit the ground.

Jack landed on the top of the globe, and despite not wanting to let Elsa go, he set her on her feet. He watched Elsa's worried expression.

"How are we going to kill all of these, Jack?"