9: Where is Everyone?

Merida watched Anna's panicking. Pitch kidnapped both Kristoff and Rapunzel, and who knew what he would do to them. Elsa was trying to get Anna to calm down but it was no use; she continued to babble about Kristoff.

They were back in the palace now, the five of them were in Elsa's study. Elsa wanted to go back to the safety of the palace just in case Pitch decided to visit them again.

"Tha's it!" Merida shouted, moving away from where she was leaning against the wall. She wad tired of Anna. She walked over to Anna, pulled her off her chair, and slapped her in the face. Everyone gasped at Merida but she didn't care. She ignored Elsa's menacing glare. Anna held her cheek and looked at her, "Ar' ya dun now? Because Kristoff and Rapunzel aren't goin' ta be saved anytime soon if ya don't stop blubberin' like a wee lass!" She nodded. "Good. Yer coming with us. Let's go find 'em."

"We can't just go looking for them without some sort of plan, Merida!" Hiccup looks at Merida as if she was insane..and she must admit it hurt her a little bit.

"Hiccup is right, we need to think this through," Elsa agreed.

"I need to find Kristoff now!" Anna shouted. "And Rapunzel too, I mean--"

Elsa laughed awkwardly, "Its good to see that your back to being yourself again, Anna." But she frowned and hugged Anna, "I'm sorry but we have to think this through, otherwise they could get really hurt--killed even. I don't think I'd be able to see how depressed you are everyday without Kristoff."

"What's that plan then, Hiccup?" Jack asked, breaking the slight tension.

"Uh..." Hiccup's jaw dropped. It was as if he wasn't used to being in charge. He seemed somewhat uncomfortable, but straightened up and took charge anyway. "First of all, we need to go to the armory. We need to stock up on everything: bows, arrows, swords, knives, armour and survival gear. Then we'll head to the stables to get Toothless. After we have everything we need we'll go visit the guardians and see if we can scope out Pitch. I think--"

Merida interrupted, "Wha makes ya think dat we'll be able ta find 'im now? We were lookin' fer 'im fer months."

He shrugged, "We have motivation, I guess." But it was more of a question than an answer.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Anna started shoving them out of Elsa's study and into the hall.

"Anna, someone needs to stay and take care of Arendelle," Elsa stopped the giddy Anna. Anna was about to argue but Elsa continued. "I know you want to help us find him but I need you here." Hiccup, Jack, and Merida kept walking to the armory, leaving Elsa and Anna alone for a second.

"But--"

"Please, Anna... I need you to stay," Elsa pleaded.

Anna hugged Elsa, "Fine, but please find him quickly."

"We will," Elsa promised. "We have to go but I'll be back soon, with Kristoff. I love you, Anna."

"I love you too."

Merida could hear Elsa's soft footprints sprint to catch up to them. They turned right, went down a flight of stairs, then turned left. they walked about two hundred feet before reaching the armory. Merida was in front of the others so she opened the door.

She'd been in this gigantic room many times in past three months. There were bows and swords hanging on the walls. Knives and arrows were in drawers that pulled out of the walls. Training dummies stood in the middle of the room, some with armour, some without. Survival equipment was in the room attached to this one.

Merida stepped into that room to grab a knapsack to put extra arrows in, then went back into the first room. Hiccup and Elsa walked into the second room, going to gather blankets, tents and such.