Δ 1 Δ

one

I was awakened by a thud. I scrammed myself out of my blanket as if I was a caterpillar thrown outside its cocoon. With my eyes still half— closed and kinda blurry, I lazily searched where the loud noise came from.

"Yah! Did you just dropped my bag?" I exclaimed, finally letting my eyes open. "I spent my whole evening preparing for that one!" I glared at my brother, Hongseok.

"What did you put in there? Your whole room?" He chuckled as he raised his left eyebrows, teasing me obviously. "Be ready in fifteen or you'll ride the bus today." Not wanting to argue more, I stayed in silence as I prepared myself for school.

Today is my first day as a Senior in a whole new unfamiliar place. My brother and I moved here just a few days ago. Hongseok was promoted and was assigned to work here in Seoul. Hongseok doesn't really like the idea of me being alone even though I can already take care of myself. After having so many arguments, he decided to bring me here as well and I was left with no choice but to come with him.

"Yah Kiel! What's taking you so long? I'm going to be late for work!" My brother's pompous voice rang from downstairs. With him snapping me out of my thoughts, I grabbed my uniform and went straight to the shower.

♡♡♡

"Be good," Hongseok patted my head and I immediately threw him a glare. "-and behave. Love you K."

"God you're such a Mom." I stuck my tongue and he chuckled in response. "Bye Honggu. Love you too." There I finally bid my brother goodbye before putting on my headphones as I stepped into the campus.

"I'll fetch you after class."

As expected, this place is a lot bigger than my old school.

I swing my bag on my shoulders and start walking although I don't really know where the hell I should go. Nevertheless, I tried to look as confident as possible but failed miserably when I heard the bell rang.

Fuck im late. I started increasing my walking pace, not really sure of what the hell I am doing. I wandered my sight to search for someone that might shed me a pity and lead me to my first class.

Just as then, God has probably heard my inside thoughts, someone offered me a help.

"Are you new here?" He asked with a sly smile.

"Yeah. I don't know where my first class is." I opened my bag and grabbed my schedule and handed it to him.

He examined it first and nodded next. "Today's your lucky day. You basically have every class with me."

"Oh, okay." I replied shortly, not really want to have a conversation. Not when I'm basically late on my first day in a new school. Too uncool.

"My name's Kang Hyunggu. Just call me Kino." He extends his hand in attempt to shake hands with me. "And you're?" I realized that he really looks so damn attractive, pure facts.

I decided to accept his hand before I completely embarrass myself. "Kiel."

My first class was Physics.

What a great start. Sarcasm's overflowing by the way.

Our Professor was so eager to start the lesson because according to him, knowledge is power. So much for this wisdom.

The whole period was all about him writing random stuff—I beg to pardon, they weren't even just random stuff— they were important stuff that I failed to pay attention to.