Δ 13 Δ

thirteen

                Okay, false alarm.

               What Yuto meant when he told me that he wants to get to know me better is that he wanted to start our project in Literature and I’m a complete fool for assuming that he actually wanted to know me better.

               What a dumb freak Kiel.

               Currently, Yuto decided to bring me to a coffee shop not far from our school. The whole place is nice and I like the vintage-ish vibe of the shop.

               The funny thing is I even argued with Yuto when I told him that I wanted to treat him as a sign of gratitude for what he did earlier but according to him it wasn’t a big deal so in the end, he was the one in charge of the bills.

               “Here ya go.” He places a small slice of blueberry cheese cake and an iced coffee in front of me.

               “Thank you.” I smile in response.

               “You’re welcome.” Yuto smiles softly. “So shall we start?”

               I don’t know what he meant by that or better yet, I don’t know why I’m choosing to be oblivious when in fact I know exactly what he’s trying to imply. I have no idea why I get this weird feeling inside me when he said that he wanted to know me better when all he meant by that is to finish our Literature project.

               “Yeah sure.” I mutter silently.

               “You go ask me first, are you okay with that?”

               “I guess so?” I reply, quite unsure.

               “Hey, it’s okay. Don’t be nervous.” He chuckles lightly, his dimples showing up as well.

                I swear, I feel like everything’s bizarre to me and it may sound a bit odd but I can suddenly hear Kino’s voice echoing at the back of my mind.

               Yuto doesn’t just smile at people.

               Believe me or not, Yuto smiling might be all new to me but I admit that I really like this version of him. His smile makes him glow even more and it just softens my heart seeing him smile and the freaky part is I don’t really know why.

               “Is the world coming to an end?” I asks out of a sudden, making Yuto laugh.

               “What?”

               “I mean look at you. You’re so nice to me, you’re smiling and you’re telling me to ask you questions about your personal life. This day is really a weird day.” I say truthfully. Yuto’s gaze is on mine and he has this amused expression plastered on his face.

               “First of all, why are you so shook right now? Can’t I be nice to you? Second, I can smile whenever I want to. Lastly, I am an open book. I don’t keep secrets. Just ask me and I’ll answer you.”

               “Wow. That’s a lot of information to process.”

               “Silly girl.” His smile gets wider.

               “Okay okay,” I start off. “You told me you have a sister, where is she?”

               “She’s in Japan.”

               “Why aren’t you with her?”

               “I will be soon, after graduation. My parents are working here but after I graduate, we’ll head back to Japan.” He explains as he takes a sip from his drink.

               “Favorite movie?”

               “All except horror ones.”

               I smile at the thought. “You don’t like scary movies eh? Too bad, I love them.”