Δ 16 Δ

sixteen

              It has been weeks since Yuto decided to stay in Japan so that he could take care of his ill father. I’m actually worried because he missed so many lectures and exams but Wooseok told me that Yuto is a bright kid so he’ll catch up in no time. In accordance to what Wooseok told me, I made sure that I’d be able to write down all the important concepts. I mean it’s the least thing I could do for him.

               “You look like you haven’t got any sleep last night. You look horrible.”

               “Why thank you Cris, what a great mood to start my day. I finished rewriting my notes in Trigonometry.” Instead of giving her an attitude, I decided to give her a fake smile.

               “Sup girrrlsss!” Kino blurts out of a sudden. Behind him was Wooseok all covered up in a sweatpants and a hoodie.

               “Someone's too lazy to pick an outfit today.” Cris comments on Wooseok, a sly smile tugging on the corner of her lips.

               “It was his fault.” Wooseok says in an annoyed tone. His eyes rolling so hard as if he's trying to rotate them into the other side of his brain. “He knew I was grounded and that asshole had to rush me and I was left with no choice but to grab the nearest pair of clothes.”

               Kino smiles cheekily and Cris couldn’t hide the grin on her face— and I, myself, can feel a small smile creeping on my lips.

               “Awwe.” I cooed. “I’m sure your fangirls will still love you. You know, that messy kind of look?”

               “Whatever.” Wooseok said in silence, completely diverting his attention away from us. Poor boy.

               “How’s Yuto? He hasn’t been attending school.” Cris asks worriedly.

               “Uh, he's still dealing with some family matters right now. He’ll be here soon.” I mutter in nonchalance as Kino removes his gaze from us and Wooseok chose to stick up with silence. 

               I miss him. I may not be able to say it verbally, all my senses know that I miss him. In fact, we all miss Yuto. We miss Yuto and his sassy comebacks for Kino’s jokes.

               Yuto and I have been talking on the phone every night. We haven’t missed a single night. He’s been updating me about his father’s condition and to my relief— according to him, there has been improvements.

               The day ended up pretty boring and usual, I guess. We went on to our respective classes and ate lunch together then back to our classes and tada! dismissal time. I honestly felt like everything was in slow motion. Every class I had for today felt like years for me and I’ve never been so eager for dismissal, not until now.

               “So where you two up to? Any plans? It’s Friday afterall.” Kino said while fixing his hair.

               “Nothing in particular. I'll probably just head back home. I'm kinda tired.” I replied boredly as I blew the few strands of hair on my face.

               “Me too.” Cris agreed. “I had a tiring day. I had 3 reportings today plus we had a surprise boardwork in Physics.”

               “Let me guess, it’s Mr. Lin right?” I asked. “Because he did the same thing on our class. I was so lucky I wasn’t called.”

               “The one and only.” Cris groaned. “I haven’t recovered from the sleepless nights of making my reports perfect and then boom suprise motherfuckers, we'll have boardworks today. Geez! I can’t with deal with all of these. I need a break.” Cris sighed dramatically and I threw her an apologetic smile.

               Cris had the worst day. If I were her, I’d be super drained by now.

               “Brace yourselves people. Midterms is approaching in two weeks.” Kino adds on. And for the first time in forever, he actually said something academically related instead of parties and bimbos from other schools.

               “God I hate midterms and finals. It makes me wanna lose my braincells.” Wooseok replied, a disgusted look on his face.

               “Oh, you have braincells? I thought all of them dried up.” Kino chuckles.

               Wooseok glared at Kino and we both laughed over his expression. It’s a relief because no matter how tired we were, these two always make the best out of our hopeless situations.
               “Why don’t we drop by our favorite ice cream shop?” Wooseok said and all of our faces glowed up. Kino's eyes looked like they were twinkling and Cris was grinning. “Okay, okay. My treat.” Wooseok said in defeat as if he regretted saying the whole ice cream thing.

               “Yes!” Cris and Kino both exclaimed in excitement.

                            '°•♡•°'♡•°'

               When we arrived at our favorite ice cream shop, the gloomy expressions on our faces were washed away. We were all hyped up. I mean who doesn’t like ice creams? Man, ice creams are the best. Had a rough day? Go eat an ice cream. Just got from a breakup? Well, ice cream’s there for you. Plus, it’s a total bummer not to take a free ice cream from Wooseok hehe. It’s like saying no to a blessing from above.

               “Guys you should try this strawberry ice cream. It’s new from their menu.” Cris exclaims excitedly like a toodler who got her wish granted. “I think I found my new fave one. Hey Kiel, you like?”

               “First of all, you just licked that for who knows how many times and yuck, I don’t want your saliva getting mixed up with mine. Second, I can’t because it‘ll kill me.”

               “Why?” Kino asks.

              “Just a little trivia about me, I’m allergic to strawberries. The last time I ate one? I was kept in the hospital for days and that was really traumatizing because I don’t personally like hospitals. It smells like death.” I scrunch my nose a bit as I continue to eat my ice cream.

              “Geez, that’s too bad. You can’t taste this heaven flavor.”

              “That’s okay. I love my self more.” I smile while doing a peace sign.

              After an hour or so, we all decided to call it a day because according to Kino his father asked him to do some errands and ofcourse, Wooseok, being the guy who got refrained from driving his own car, went on with Kino. Cris followed as well and I was left to wait for Hongseok.

              '°•♡•°'♡•°'

            “Did I make you wait for so long?” Hongseok asks in a slightly worried tone. “I was a little caught up with work.”

              “No. It’s fine.” I smile in response as I follow him to his car.

              “Good.” He sighs in relief as he goes on and starts up his car’s engine. “How was school?”

              “You know, the usual. Hectic and exhausting.”

              “You’ll be fine kiddo.” He chuckles lightly while he ruffles my hair.

              “Yah! I’m not a kid anymore I’m already eighteen and one more thing, I hate it when you do that to my hair. I feel like I’m a dog.” I pout like a child which makes Hongseok grin once more.

              “Whatever you say. You say too much.”

              “I got it from you.” I grin and Hongseok shuts up. He knows I’m right.

              “Okay okay. You win.” Hongseok sighs dramatically as if this was his first defeat with me. Pfft. In his face.

              “By the way, this is yours.” Hongseok hands me a small white envelope.

              “What’s this?”

              “An envelope.”

              “I know it’s an envelope. I’m not dumb Hongseok. I’m asking what is this for?”

              “I have no idea Kiel. Why don’t you read it? It’s yours.”

              I did what I was told so I read it aloud.

              Pick u at 7. Wear something nice. -a.y.

               It’s Yuto. Freaking Adachi Yuto. He’s back.

-:-:-:-

no words, i suck at updating :)
but nevertheless, thank u for being so damn patient with me ppl ily

THANK YOU FOR THE 4.4K READS! IM SO HYPED UP

ps- check my other story, its a lucas fanfic, so if u love nct as much as i do then go check it out hehe :>

hugs and kisses,
-d