Δ 14 Δ

fourteen

              It’s been weeks since Yuto and I had that talk. After that incident, I felt like we were closer than before. Although he was still the same Yuto— tough-looking, cold eyes and mysterious. It’s just that he’s been so open to me and believe me, it was quite surprising and weird at the same but I got used to it a lot more faster than I thought. Infact, Yuto and I might be sharing this connection that I didn’t know I’d be having with him.

              He actually got a lot more closer with Hongseok too. For the past few days he’s been driving me to school and did actually hang out with my brother. They’d talk about baseball, sports whatnots and ofcourse, I always turn to be the outcast because I can’t relate to their topic. Nevertheless, they both make sure that I don’t left out so they patiently explain things to me and I think that’s a relief.

              This morning, I was in a ride with Hongseok because Yuto wasn’t able to drive me to school. He went to Japan together with Kino and Wooseok for some family event. They’ll be staying there for a week and he actually insisted on letting Cris and I come but I said no. I can’t stand the thought of him spending money for us and lending us free tickets to another country. That is just a big no for me.

              As much as I hate to admit it, it really sucks going to school without those three dorks. No Yuto and Kino bickering around and no Wooseok throwing lame jokes that we always find unimaginably hilarious because of his derp face. Lunch is so boring without them and I know I wasn’t the only feeling this because Cris also misses them as much as I do.

              “It sucks to eat lunch without them.” Cris comments on with a sigh.

              “I know.” I mumble softly.

              “But cheer up! It’s been a week already. They should be getting back by now.” Cris exclaims in enthusiasm. “Now chop chop and cheer that sad face. You look so miserable darling and Yuto won’t be very happy if he sees you like that.”

              “Yeah. Whatever you say.”

              The day got by a lot more boring than I thought it would be. I didn’t have that much classes with Chris so it was a total bummer. It was like I’m back to my old usual unsociable self and the kids were back on picking up on me.

              I was on my way to my locker when a group of girls came at me. It really sucks not to have Cris by my side. I’m a lot more confident when I’m with her. I was told to come home first because she has extra classes for advanced lessons.

              “What’s the matter Kiel? Why are you alone?” One of them snickers. “Oh that’s right, the big 3 isn't here. You’re nothing with them. You’re just another pathetic girl who thinks she's someone just because she's friends with the Big 3. Get a life you loser.”

              “If there’s anyone who’s being a loser is none other than you, and you and you and you.” I pin point on every single one of them. “And please, you better tell that to yourself— get a life loser.”

              I was about to walk away from them when I suddenly felt a strong grip on my arms, pulling me back. Then I felt someone, putting so much force on my back, pushing me and making me land on my butt. That really hurt.

              “Yahh!”

              “What are you gonna do? Kick us just like what you did to Jai? Oh that’s right. I’m so scared.”

              “I will if you don't stop getting in my way!”

              “Excuse me, you’re the one who’s getting in our way. I was so close on having a chance with Kino and you blew it all off. You came here and I lost it. I’m Yeena, the school’s queen bee. I should be the one getting close with them not you! You even dragged your pathetic friend with you. That little bitch, what’s her face. She used to be invisible and now, she’s been hanging out with the Big 3 and is even close with them. Don’t you think it’s a little unfair on our part?”

              “Life is unfair hun. You just have to find a way to deal with it. Sometimes, someone just walks into the light and steals everything you have.” I reply smugly, a smirk tugging on the corner of my lips. Yeena has taken off guard of my response and is looking at me intensely. If this is an animated cartoon, she’d be fuming like an angry bull.

              “You little sh—” Yeena was about to slap me when someone interrupted her.

              “Continue that and I’ll make your remaining highschool days miserable.”

              “Kino Oppa...” Yeena exclaims in horror. “This was just a mere misunderstanding.” She gives off a nervous laugh, making her look uncomfortable.

              “Misunderstanding? I think not. I’ve heard everything. You wanna know why me, Wooseo and Yuto chose to be friends with her? Because she has genuine intentions to people. She didn’t look at us as if we’re something above from her. Y'all looked at us as if we’re some trophies, something to boast to others. But her? She didn’t! She looked us as a normal person— as a friend.”

              Everyone kept their mouth shut and so did I. I was too dumbfounded to every single thing that Kino has said. I didn’t expect those things to come from him.

              “Now if you’ll excuse us, we have a lot of catching up to do.” Kino grabs my hand and pulls me away from the crowd.

             ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

              “I didn’t know you were coming.” I take a sip from my chocolate shake, looking over Kino. “You could’ve texted me or whatsoever. But it’s so nice to see you again Kino.” I smile at him wholeheartedly.

              “You too Kiel.”

              “And uhmm, thank you for defending me awhile ago.”

              “What are friends for? Besides, what’s the point of having this amazing face if I can’t be a knight in shining armor.” He smiles cheekily and I can’t help but roll my eyes. I really need to find the will to slap his face. One of these days, I will be able to do it.

              “Where’s Wooseok and Yuto anyway?” I ask, diverting the topic.

              “Wooseok is fetching Cris and Yuto is still in Japan.” Kino replies with a sigh.

              “What? Why?”

              “It was supposed to be a great vacation. It was her sister’s wedding afterall. Now the thing right here is that on the day of the actual wedding, their father collapsed and had a heart attack. Everything was a mess and the wedding was postponed. Her sister didn’t want to resume it not unless their father’s condition is fine. Yuto isn’t really good at expressing his feelings but I know that he’s hurting. I saw the fear in his eyes when his father was rushed to the hospital.Among his siblings,Yuto has the closest relationship with his father. I know he’s scared of losing his father and he doesn’t want to appear weak infront of us that’s why he chose to shut us off. He’s not even talking to us, not even to me or Wooseok. The reason why I came to you is because I want you to check up on him.”

              “I will.” I gave him a reassuring smile. “I’m just not sure if he’ll talk to me.”

              “He trusts you Kiel. I know that. I have never seen him being comfortable with someone before. Just please be there for him.”

              “I’ll try what I can do.”

              “Thank you.”

              “YOWWW!” Wooseoks came out of sudden, lifting up our mood. “What’s with the gloomy faces?”

              “Nothing.” Kino simply said.

              “Hey gurl, I heard what happened between you and Yeena. Someone told me she gave you a hard time, should we pluck her eyebrows?” Cris sits beside me as she place her bag on the table.

              “No need. Kino handled it really well.”

              “What a bummer bro, you could’ve atleast let them have a cat fight. It would be so cool to see Kiel scratching Yeena’s annoying ass face.”

              “My brother will kill me if I did that. I’ll be grounded for the rest of my life. You know him and his compassionate hatred over violence.”

              “Oh,” Was all Wooseok could every say. “So who wants Nutella ice cream? My treat!”

              “Now that’s the spirit!” Cris claps her hands excitedly.

              I could have been very excited too but all I could think about is Yuto.

ΔΔΔ

thank u for being so patient with me, i know what ive said but im really sorry for taking so long to update.

but here ya go lovelies! 💛

also, thank you for the 1.6k+ reads!

hugs and kisses,
-d