Δ 8 Δ

eight

"Black"

"Red"

"Black is better."

"Red is."

If I'm not mistaken, we've been arguing over the color of the cute dress we saw the very first time we entered the shop for the last thirty minutes. Cris wanted the red one and I wanted it in black.

"Red looks slutty." I argue.

"Black looks so out of life." She snarls.

"Yah! It isn't. Black looks classy."

"Red is classy too."

"Why are you even arguing with me? I'm the one who's going to wear this. Not you, dumbass." I chuckle, shaking my head in disapproval.

"Because my opinion matters, smarty-pants." Cris rolls her eyes in annoyance. "But fine, whatever you say. Let's go I need to find a dress too." She says in defeat, putting back the red dress to where it was originally located.

"Yes!" I exclaim triumphantly. I hugged the dress closer to my chest and followed Cris as she starts making weird faces— probably too annoyed because I have won over her.

We moved onto another shop and I just let Cris go over the stalls and look for her dress.

The thing is, she doesn't really know about Wooseok's party and she has no idea that I'm about to drag her into that party. She only knows that we're attending a party on Friday. I lied to her and said that I was obliged to go to a family event. She said yes so that's why we ended up here. Although, we already did have a plan to go shopping in the first place.

"Which do you think is better?" Cris holds two dresses on both hands. As expected they're both in red. I examine the two for a minute. My hands travel to the fabric of the dress.

The first one is a red tube dress with silver gems attached messily on the fabric. The second one is a two-way dress. The top is a halter style while the bottom part is a flowy mid-thigh skirt.

"I like the second one, it's so simple yet to classy."

"But I like the first one. I think it will make me look so confident." Cris says in a shy voice.

"Then go for it. I mean it's not like we have the same taste." I reply shortly. "Go for the dress that will make you feel confident. Go on and try it on." I giver her a little push.

"Okay, okay."

After a few minutes, Cris came out of the fitting room.

"Damn gurllll! You look bomb af!" I squeel.

"You think so?" She replies nervously, tucking her closer to her knees.

The dress makes her stand out. It showed her curves perfectly and the color of the dress compliments well with her tanned skin.

"Freaking yes!"

"Okay," Cris says, a bit embarrassed of my remarks. "How about you? Aren't you going to try your dress?"

"Nah," I replied. "It's a surprise."

"You're so weird."

"Thanks." I grin sheepishly.

We spent the whole afternoon just strolling around. We bought dresses and some shoes. We also went to a bookstore and bought some books. Cris also dragged me inside parlor shop and got our nails nicely done. Most of the time, Cris and I are arguing over the stuff that we're buying. I guess we differ in most aspects.

After hours of endless walking, we decided to go home. We were tired as hell, plus Hongseok was bombarding me calls and text messages.

♡♡♡

"Bye Kiel. Thanks for coming with me today. I had fun." Cris waves at me and I smile. "Bye Kiel's brother."

"It's Hongseok actually." I said before finally saying goodbye to Cris. "See you tomorrow."

"She's a funny girl." Hongseok says out of the blue. "And really cute too." He added on.

"Yah! Don't tell me you have a crush on her." I said in discomfort.

"Silly girl," Hongseok chuckles in response, slightly pinching my nose. "I don't have a crush on her. I'm just stating facts."

After our little chitchat, no one dared to speak. The whole car ride was quiet. I guess I was too tired and Hongseok noticed it too so he chose to drive in silence.

A few minutes later, we reached our house and Hongseok helped me with my things.

"Why do you have so much stuff?" Hongseok asks.

"It's for a party."

"What party? Why didn't you tell me? If it's a dumb high-school party I'm not letting you go." Hongseok says in a firm voice.

"It's a high school party but it's not a dumb party. Cris will be there, most of my classmates will be there." I argued.

"I know how parties work Kiel. It's a total waste of time."

"But you also attended one of those when you were about my age. If you can do it, why can't I?"

"Because I can manage myself Kiel." He says shortly. "Let's not fight over this please."

"But I just want to have fun. I just want to experience a normal high school life just like you. I wanted to experience what you've experienced. How can I do that when you keep on getting on my way? It feels like everytime I spread my wings and start to learn how to fly, you keep on pushing me back."

"No. You're not going to that party and my decision is final." He replies before completely leaving me behind.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Because I said so."

"That's not fair."

"It doesn't even have to be fair. You can't even manage to make friends and now you're telling me that you're attending a party?" He laughs. "You will stay here on friday and you're not attending that party. I'm your brother and I know what's best for you. Please understand me Kiel."

"What about me? Did you even ask for my opinion when we moved out? I had to leave my friends and forced to live my life in this unfamiliar place! You think it's easy on my part to move out of a sudden? I'm having a hard time adapting to this new environment and now that I'm starting to get comfortable and have actual friends, you're starting to cut me off from them!" I said in exasperation before running upstairs.

Kiel—"

I didn't notice that tears were already dripping on my cheeks. I angrily wiped them and locked the door of my room. I went straight to my drawers and looked for my sleeping pills. I drank three of them and before I even know it, I dozed off into a deep slumber.

ΔΔΔ

happy reading!

hugs and kisses,
-d