Δ 20 Δ

twenty

               After a day or two of my not so wondeful experience from the hospital, I was finally discharged and I couldn‘t be more happy to land on my own bed. God, this feels nice.

               “Heaven. This feels like heaven.”

               “You barely spent 3 days in the hospital.” Yuto says as he places my things on the mini cabinet beside my bed.

               “Still, the last few hours felt like a nightmare. If it weren’t for you guys, my eyeballs would have probably come off of my eye socket because of boredom. Plus the hospital gown is really itchy and the whole place smells like death. I don’t really like hospitals.” I threw on a dramatic sigh as I started to remove my shoes leaving me on just my socks.

               Yuto hums softly as he tries to fix my room which immediately made me red. I mean my room was basically a mess. Used clothes on the floor and new ones mixing up to them. Ugh, gross.

               Geez Kiel, your room definitely looks like a boy’s room.

               Okay, why am I stereotyping? I’m pretty sure Yuto’s room looks a lot nicer than mine right? And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only girl whose room is a total jungle.

               “You don’t really have to do this.” I said shyly as I attempted to grab the clothes, my clothes, on his hands. “I’m capable of doing it myself.”

               Maybe the last part sounded a bit rude but meh I’m just so embarassed to let a boy clean my room. What if Yuto finds my underwear somewhere here? It would be a complete turn off for him.

               “I insist.” He says stubbornly as he tightens his grip on my clothes. “Go take a shower, I’ll take care of everything here.”

               “You don’t really have to do that. I’m not really comfortable of people touching my stuff. If that’s okay with you?”

               “Oh, okay. I’m sorry for insisting.” He apologized as he puts down my clothes.

               “It’s cool. I’m gonna take a shower now okay?”

               Yuto gave me nod in response as he took a sit on my bed. I’m assuming it was cool to him when I turned his offer.

               As soon as I went inside the shower, I felt like my whole body was renewed. Dont get me wrong, I’ve always been disgusted with hospitals. I know that hospitals are sanitized and all that stuff but whenever I think about sick people going there everyday, I think about the millions virus creeping into me.

               Pushing all the weird thoughts aside, I changed into my usual home clothes and went back, only to find Yuto sleeping peacefully on my bed.

               As soon as I saw her angelic face, I couldn't help but creep a smile on my face. He must’ve been so tired watching over me for the last 48 hours.

               Not wanting to bother him, I went downstairs to go get a real food. All I’ve been eating when I was in the hospital were fast food and hospital food who tasted like paper.

               So much for my expectations, all i see from the fridge are a small soda, nachos that looked like it's been there for days, packs of cheese and just a bunch of emptied water tumbler. I wonder what happened to my brother. He's never the type of person to left the house with emptied fridge.

               Instead, I looked for something in the cabinets and found some food in cans and a pack of uncooked macaroni.

               Atlast, something I can actually eat.

               I decided to make some mac and cheese aka my emergency food. Hongseok decided to stock cheese and macaroni just in case he couldn’t go out and buy us stuff. Seems convenient for a girl who isn’t well educated with cooking.

               After half an hour, more or less, I found myself curled up on the couch while watching some shows that I really didn’t pay attention to in the first place— just something to segway the silence. I don’t know it feels a bit lonely just sitting on the couch without any backround television sounds.

               “Hey Kiel.”

               “Yaaaahhhh, where have you been Hongseok? I haven’t seen you once in the hospitals.”

               “I needed to do something really important.” Hongseok says in an exhausted tone and I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. It looked like he hasn’t been sleeping.

               “More important than me?” I fake a pout but then ended laughing loudly. Ew, I look dumb doing that. “Just kidding. Geez Hongseok. I’m having second thoughts about who was sent to the hospital. Between us, you look like you’ve been dying and please, get some sleep. You look half dead.”

               “I know there is something you’re not telling me. I know you as much as you know me. We’re two halves of one heart Hongseok. You’re my brother and I know when you feel bothered or if something's wrong but for whatever reason is that, I’m gonna let you keep it. Tell me when you’re ready.”

               Just as then hugs and me and I noticed the soft sniffs from him. I didn’t dare to ask why, I just let him be. I found my arms slowly making their way around him and before I even know it, I was already hugging him.

               “Thanks Kiel but I need to have a word with you.” Hongseok says in a serious tone. He scoops closer to me as we both take a seat.

               “Do you remember when I told that you were in an accident?”

               “You don’t have to tell me Hongseok. I know it‘s painful to relive something like that.” I said hesitantly.

               “No. Listen to me first.” He says in a firm voice and I did what I was told to do.

               “There wasn’t any accident Kiel. Our parents are not dead. They’re in prison.” Hongseok breathes in deeply as he starts to hold my me with his shaking sweaty hands that I didn’t really put much attention to.

               “I don’t know how to say the truth about you. I wanted too. God knows how Iong I wanted you to know of what happened to you and why you can’t remember a thing about yourself from before.” Hongseok said softly and the last part was almost a whisper but it was enough to filled the deafening silence that surrounds us.

               “What do you mean?” I asked in a shaky voice.

               Hongseok grabs a small box and opens it for me. “Here.”

               10-year-old daughter left bruised at home.

               NEWS TODAY: Daughter sexually abused by her own father.

               Ongoing trial about the YANG CASE: Custody of the child is successfully passed onto her older brother.

               Parents of the abused kid, proven GUILTY.

               To say that I was shocked is an understatement. It was more than that. I didn’t even know to feel or how to react. I was glued on where I am and suddenly everything were a blur to me, maybe becayse of the tears that escaped my eyes. Everything I’ve ever known was nothing but a huge lie.

               “I’m sorry Kiel.” Hongseok says in a sad tone as he tries to swallow the lump on his throat. “I was scared. I didn’t want to lose you again. I lost you once and I don’t want lose you again. I thought that maybe if you don’t remember a thing it would be good for us and for you. I thought forgetting it would help us move on and start a new life but I was wrong. Believe me Kiel, I really tried so hard to tell you but everytime I see being comfortable and happy of what we have and where we’re at right now, I back out. I didn’t want to take that happiness. You gained friends and Yuto. You don’t know how happy I was. I didn’t want to remember what hell you’ve been through. No one deserves that and you didn’t deserve that.“

               “BUT I DESERVED THE TRUTH HONGSEOK!” I cry my lungs out. Hongseok tries to hug me but I pushed him away. “How could you? Did you have any idea how hard it was for me to wake up everyday not knowing who I am? You had your shots. You are my brother Hongseok. You were supposed to tell me everything. We weren't supposed to keep secrets like this!”

               “Please Kiel. Trust me, it wasn’t my intention to hide the truth. I was a coward. I didn’t know how to tell you.” Hongseok begs and this time, he was crying as hard as I am.

               My chest was filled with so many emotions that I can’t even manage to breathe properly. I feel betrayed, angry, belittled, and most importantly, I felt used and dirty. After all the things I read, it made me think that I’m just any other loser.

               “I’m—I’m a dirty person.” I sobbed into my hands and sat helplessly on the floor. My knees felt like jelly and my chest felt like it was gonna explode any minute now.

               “You’re not.” It wasn’t Hongseok.

               It was Yuto’s.

               “So you knew about this?”

               He nods.

               “How long?” Yuto looks at me hesitantly and then diverts it to Hongseok. “I SAID HOW LONG?!”

               “The night you were rushed to the hospital because of you allergy attack. Me and Hongseok got to talk to the doctor and he mentioned about you taking unprescribed sleeping pills.” Yuto says softly.

               “You both knew and you didn’t tell me?”

               “Because Hongseok knew that the truth’s gonna crush you like how you are right now.”

            I didn’t know what to do so I sprinted out of our house, barefoot and looking like a wreck. I ran and ran and ran until I could not longer hear their call. I ran and ran and ran until my feet hurt. But the pain couldn’t be compared to know that you were taken advantage by your father and your mother didn’t do anything. And I ran and ran and ran upon recalling everything, I remembered every burn on my flesh, every bruise, every whimper, every cry for help— everything. I knew I was running out of breath but I didn’t stop. I didn’t know where I was going but I didn’t want to stop running either.

            I ran and ran and ran hoping I would collapse and wake up from this bad dream.

            But I know so well that this wasn’t a dream.

-:-:-:-:-:-
*

unedited so my apologies for typo / grammatical errors that you may come across with :))

im sorry for taking so long to update

i realized that i cant blame things for being such a lazy ass, and yes this is just how i am as a person *peace out

but pls bare with me, there's only a few chapters left and ill upload the wooseok and kino fanfic connected to this too (i just dont know which to publish first but both of them have few chapters hehe)

thank you for the 6.12k+ reads!!!! U DA BEST ily

happy reading!
-d