Δ 22 Δ

twenty-two

ps: play 'home to mama' by cody simpson and justin bieber while resding this :))

Project Type: Memoir
Title: My Euphoria
Submitted by: Yuto Adachi, Class A

             I didn’t know how it happened exactly. It’s like she was this catchy tune I accidentally heard on the radio and then loved it afterwards.

             She wasn’t your typical type of  girl. She was feisty, loud and sarcastic. I didn’t exactly know how she managed to crawl into my heart. It’s like I woke up one day and found myself really attached to her.

             The very first time I got to interact with her was really unforgettable. Not because it was some sort of a movie cliché but because it was the very first time a girl didn’t look at me with goggly eyes as if I was some sort of a trophy to brag and not to be a self-proclaimed arrogant popular boy but out of all the girls I’ve met she was different— the good different.

             It was on our P.E class, I came by the gym a little late and it’s not something that happens usually. I remember being late because apparently, someone bumped into my car and I had to drop by a car shop to get it fixed which took me quite some time.

             Going back, I heard our instructor asking the class if someone would like to be her partner for the activity and by the time I went to them, I just said I would be her partner and honestly, I don’t even know why.

             Her tense face immediately relaxed but the moment she extended her hands to somehow shake hands with me, I turned it down and said some rude things which I didn’t really mean to do.

             On that very moment, her bright face turned into a sour expression. She really did turned down my offer to be her partner and no one has ever did that to me. Usually they’ll just apologize but Kiel didn’t. She went on her own and did the activity herself.

             After that incident, I found myself drawn to her. It’s like she had me hooked on her.

             As time passed by, I found myself being near with her all the time. Thanks to Kino for being the loud one and actually had the courage to befriend her. I don’t normally show people what I feel but when I’m with her I know I can be whoever I want to be.

             The more I get to know her, the more I fall inlove with her. Not just because of her pretty face but because of who she is as a person. She’s a strong person and genuinely cares for people.

             I always think that my life was a bore. Doing the same routines, going to school, partying during weekends, meeting girls whose name I can‘t even recall and that was it. It was like my life was all perfect but also like an incomplete puzzle. As cliché as it sounds it’s like she was the missing piece.

             It’s like all is lightweight when you’re with her even though she gets a bit sarcastic sometimes— well, most of the times. She always says the she’s a mess but she doesn’t know that she’s like the night sky to me. The stars don’t always have an organized place up in the sky but I always think that they’re beautiful.

             Her dark wavy hair reminded me of the night and its serenity. Her smile was like this little ray of sunshine you need everyday to start your day right. Her eyes looked prettier than the street lights during at night and the sound of her laugh wiped all my weariness.

             Loving her isn’t easy but I know I’m willing to be there through ups and downs and I will always choose her thunders over anyone’s sunshine. I always thought that this journey would be a roller coaster ride but I’m sure I will be there until the very end of the ride.

            She is the shore and I’m the waves, no matter how far I wander I will always keep on coming back to her.

            We all get tired with life sometimes and we all get on the verge of giving up but always think that you are the reason behind someone’s happiness.

            In this exhausting world, you need to find your peace and Kiel is mine.

            She is my home.