Δ 7 Δ

seven

"So you're finally going to Wooseok's party?" Kino exclaims in excitement. He really looks like a happy toddler who just bought a rainbow-colored candy. He keeps on giving me toothy grins and I swear, I'm so close on punching him.

"I knew you would say yes." He says proudly.

"Whatever." I simply said.

We are currently walking to our next and last class for the day. Kino decided to walk with me and knowing him, he just couldn't accept 'no' as an answer so I just let him do whatever he wants to do.

Suddenly, Yuto appears out of nowhere and joins us, not into our conversation though.

"Oh hey man," Kino greets him with a smile and he nods in response. "You coming on friday?"

"Not sure." He says. "I'll try."

"What a bummer." Kino replies, slightly punching Yuto's arm. "Kiel will be there."

"And Cris too." I add on.

Yuto looks at me and then back to Kino. He opens his mouth but closes them immediately. I think he wanted to say something but chose not to. He pursed his lips into a thin line before nodding again.

Once we reached our destined room, we all settled down and I almost forgot that fact that I have Kino and Yuto as my classmate for Literature.

Surprisingly, Yuto places his bag at my side and sits beside me. I look at him in confusion and he looks at me in nonchalance.

"Yah, that's my seat!" Kino whines.

"Do you have your name written on it?" Yuto asks.

"No but I was here first." Kino argues.

"I'm sitting here." Yuto says. "I couldn't see the board from behind so you stay at the back and let's switch seats."

"Since when did you start paying attention to the discussions?" Kino raises an eyebrows, eyeing Yuto intensely.

"Since now?" Yuto replies in a bored tone.

Seeing them bicker really entertains me. Kino is whining like a kid and Yuto on the other hand, maintains his composure which really annoys the hell out Kino.

Ms. Ahn, our Literature teacher walks in and that made Yuto and Kino shut up. Kino didn't have a choice but to switch seats with Yuto because apparently, Yuto is a lot more stubborn than he is.

"Good day class," She starts off. Everyone settled to their seats. I grab a small notepad and a pen then placed them on my desk. "As you can see, you are all in your last year so I wanted to give you a project in which you're going to reminisce all you childhood memories." Ms. Ahn said, scribbling the word 'memories' on the board.

"But this one's going to be a little different. This project will be done by pair. You will all have a partner and your task is to ask and record things of your partner's past. After that, you're all going write by any means of writing. I am giving you all the freedom to choose— a poem, a memoir, a song— the choice is yours. The very main reason of this project is to know the reason behind made you the person you are as of today and I want you to take this seriously because this will take a huge percentage of your grade. I will pick the best pair and give them extra credits."

"What about the pairings?" A voice calls out from behind.

"Your partner is going to be the person seated right next to you." Ms. Ahn replies.

When she said all of those things, I think I might've actually frozen up in my seat. Yuto shifts closer to me and I stayed still. Suddenly, I felt like everything around me is shrinking. The uneasiness starts to build up in my chest.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." I lied.

"I can switch with Kino if you don't want me to be your partner." Yuto says softly. I would have appreciated what he said but I was busy processing what Ms. Ahn has said.

"No, it's fine." I threw Yuto a reassuringly smile. He nods reluctantly, not convinced of my response but chooses not to interfere more.

And no, it isn't about Yuto being my partner. I know we weren't exactly on good terms but I would never stoop down to that level. It's too childish and I'm not like that.

I'm acting weird because I, myself, have no idea of my chilhood life. Everything from before is blurry to me. It's like I'm so close on putting up the pieces together but I just couldn't grasp them. It's like I woke up one day and I'm already a grown up— completely missing out a huge part of my life.

And when I try to think and remember my past, I just end up zoning out and drowning in frustration. My whole life is like a puzzle and most of the pieces are missing.

ΔΔΔ

tadaaa!! the story is about to get interesting along the way so pls be patient hehe :">

i have read all the chapters and noticed some errors, ill try to edit them as soon as possible
i promise :)

hugs and kisses,
-d