Δ 17 Δ

seventeen

               “I’m freaking out.”

               “Calm down Kiel. Just trust me on this one okay?” Cris says in a hush while putting some eyeshadow on me.

               After reading the note, I immediately call Cris. She’s the only one who can help me with this one. Hongseok is completely clueless with dates.

               Dates.

               God, I blush every time that word comes across my mind.

               Is this really a date? Or am I assuming things?

               “What if it’s not a date?” I mumble nervously.

               “He told you that he’s picking up you at 7 and even asked you to wear something nice. Any guy knows that it’s a date.”

               “What if we’ll just discuss about our Literature project? You know the getting to know each other project?”  I ask once more.

               “Really Kiel? He asked you to wear something nice for a project? He’s been gone for like a month now and he flew all the way to Korea just for some goddamn project? Really now?” Cris raises her eyebrows on me. “And it’s freaking weekend.”

               “I’m just so freaked out. I don’t know what to do. What if I embarrassed myself. Besides, what if he thinks I like him? Was I obvious? I mean I don’t really like him that much.” I slur the words out of my mouth and the last part was a lie.

               “You like him that much Kiel. You‘re just denial.” Hongseok enters the scene out of a sudden. “Just don’t let it show too much. You’re the girl. You’re the price. Yuto should be the one chasing you okay?”

               “I know Hongseok. I’ll keep that in mind. This is just new to me and what if he thinks that I’m such a boon.”

               “You’re a great person. You’re beautiful, caring and sweet. Any man would be lucky to have you and if Yuto can’t see how great you are, then he’s not the one for you.”

               “Even if I’m sarcastic always and I always bully you?”

               “Yes and yes,” Hongseok chuckles lightly. “You have your own ways of showing your love and just because some people don’t see it in the ways they do, doesn’t mean you’re not capable of loving. We have our own ways and sometimes, we show them in the most unexpected ways.”

               Awee. My heart melted upon hearing Hongseok. God, I love my brother so much.

               “Thank you.” I smile at him.

               “Always welcome.”

               “I can’t believe you just said that. It’s like somebody inhabited your body for a few seconds and if it’s true, you can now bring back my sassy ass brother.” I laugh and Cris joins as well.

               “I have my moments.“ Hongseok says proudly. A smirk tugged on the corner of his lips.

               “As much I hate to interrupt your moment, it’s already 6:50. Yuto’s gonna be here in 10 minutes.” Cris says in a hurry.

               “Oh right, I’m sorry. We got carried away.” Hongseok shakes his head as he apologizes. “I’ll leave you two here.” He said before closing the door of my room.

               “Your make-up’s done. Let’s get you dressed. I picked two outfits for you. They’re in the bathroom. Just choose which one makes you comfortable. You’re beautiful anyway so both will look good on you.”

               “Thank you Cris. I owe you a lot and I’m sorry for dragging you here.”

               “Nonsense. I’m your bestfriend and yes I just proclaimed it now but yeah.”

               “Alright. High-five bestie!” I giggle.

               “Now chop chop! Your date’s gonna be here soon. I’ll leave you so you can get dressed. I’ll head downstairs.”

               “Okay I got it.”

               As instructed I got inside my bathroom to choose a dress that Cris has picked for me.

               Not really minding much, I put on the cream-colored dress that reaches an inch above my knees. Since it has thin straps that cling onto my shoulders, I decided to put on a denim jacket. I’m not really comfortable with wearing heels, I put on my white Keds before taking a last glance on myself in the mirror.

               Suddenly, I hear a honk coming from outside.

               “Yuto is here!” Hongseok calls out for me.

               “Coming!”

               I ran downstairs and I saw Yuto conversing with Cris and my brother. It has been weeks since I last saw and believe, he got a lot more attractive than he was before. How is that possible?

               “Hi.” I say in a soft tone.

               “Hey.” Yuto replies while smiling at me. “You look good.”

               “Uhm, you look nice.” I said awkwardly, earning snorts from Hongseok. On the other hand, Cris wouldn’t stop sending me suggestive expressions. Aish.

               Instead, I ignore their weird stares and decided to focus on Yuto. He’s wearing a white longsleeves with three buttons down and the front part tucked inside his darkblue washed fitted jeans. Just like me, he wears an all white shoes. To finish the look, he had his hair the usual way— disheveled.

               “Yah Yuto! Can you tell Kiel that you guys are going on a date?” Cris laughs and I swear, I wanna punch her with my phone.

               “I did not!” I glare at them both.

               “I’m sure you did.” Hongseok adds on.

               “Yah! Stop embarassing me!”

               “Just to make things clear Kiel, we’re going on a date.” Yuto says while smiling from ear to ear making it obvious that he’s amused.

               “See? I told you.” Cris said proudly.

               He said it.

               We are going on a date.

               Yuto freaking Adachi is taking me on a date. Girls would do anything to be on my position.

               Hell, I’m one of a lucky ass person.